Popular Tags: [View All]
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on a dungeon crawl where speed is important. Players encounter monsters, which are represented as cards. They must roll certain combinations to defeat the monster (middle of card, in this case two fours times the number of players). Poor rolls might result in the monster hitting back (top of card, in this case two different abilities). Once defeated, a reward is given (bottom of card, six gems here).

Cards are mini-euro scale. The beast artwork is a placeholder, not my own work.

What I would like to know:

1.) Is the image interpretable with a fast look, assuming one knows the symbols?
2.) Does the iconography seem consistent enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't like that the art is obscured by some icons, while there is plenty of empty space on the bottom half of the card. There isn't that much info on the card and you certainly may leave room for the art alone. The rest is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should rank the info in order of importance, and then make sure that the info reads in that order.

This is how your card reads:
1) 6 gems
2) 4,4
3) 1,2,3; 6

It would seem to me that in a game where speed is important, the most the first thing I want to see is what I need to roll to beat the monster. Next is the damage info up top, and the least important is the number of gems I earn after defeating it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.