Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Completely modular Settlers of Catan game board on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Walsh
United States
California
flag msg tools
I just launched a Kickstarter project for a completely modular Settlers of Catan game board. Please check it out and if you like it I would be incredibly grateful if you became a backer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330163305/hexels-the-co...

I'm also happy to answer any questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool looking. I hope this gets funded.

plus: Magnets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
How do the harbors fit into the set up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb
this is quality! nice work... great that it is still easy to transport in original box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Walsh
United States
California
flag msg tools
If we hit the $70K stretch-goal then there will be pieces which hold the harbors included, but otherwise you can set them around the board. Since it stays together so well it doesn't really become an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered producing for other hex based games like Eclipse or Twilight Imperium. Unsure of their tile sizes ATM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not into Settlers of Catan, but this is a pretty cool project Tim. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

Sort of pricey . . . but maybe because I don't play settlers much. I'd probably pay that much for something for a game I loved!

Seems so obvious . . . but I guess most cool inventions do in hindsight! Good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Walsh
United States
California
flag msg tools
Absolutely! I have been getting a lot of requests to create these for other games as well. Most of the games have tiles which are slightly different sizes from each of the other games so there isn't really a one-size-fits-all solution (that doesn't look awful or cost a ton), but if this project is successful I want to branch out into these other games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Walsh
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks!

When I finally came up with this design I had to sit back and wonder why it took me so long to get to it, but then I realized that no one else had done it either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.