Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there is a X-Wing Vassal League ongoing? Alternatively, is anyone interested in joining a Vassal League? It's been done for many other Vassal games, and X-Wing seems like a good fit.

I'm imagining a fairly simply setup where a given 'season' would only span a month or so. Something like two groups of 5 players, two-week round robin(so 4 games over two weeks), with the top 2 from each group going to the playoffs. Simple, quick, and hopefully fun. This is only one way to do it, but there are a plethora of potential ways to run a league(details could be hammered out if there's interest).

There would be no set times to play, but each player would be responsible for scheduling his two games per week(or 4 games per two weeks if you prefer).

Any thoughts? Any interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeHadfield wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a X-Wing Vassal League ongoing? Alternatively, is anyone interested in joining a Vassal League? It's been done for many other Vassal games, and X-Wing seems like a good fit.

I'm imagining a fairly simply setup where a given 'season' would only span a month or so. Something like two groups of 5 players, two-week round robin(so 4 games over two weeks), with the top 2 from each group going to the playoffs. Simple, quick, and hopefully fun. This is only one way to do it, but there are a plethora of potential ways to run a league(details could be hammered out if there's interest).

There would be no set times to play, but each player would be responsible for scheduling his two games per week(or 4 games per two weeks if you prefer).

Any thoughts? Any interest?

I've just played a US based vassal tournament http://teamcovenant.com/mrfroggies/2013/02/18/x-wing-vassal-...

I can only praise the work and effort made by mrfroggies (Scott) in making the tournament run so smoothly. It was SO much fun, especially the slightly altered scoring system proved to be VERY deciding and fun. I would certainly be interested in a Euro version of the same and strongly encourage the alternative scoring system for such an event.

So keep me updated if you will move on with any plans, ok??

Best wishes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...aaaand I just realised that you are based in Canada, so ignore my "Euro" comment, but keep yourself updated for future tournaments at Team Covenant, Scott will most likely start a new tourney soon I think :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I join in for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.