Subject: Costing Pawn variations..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you folks price these Pawn alternatives?

1)
Choose 2 of the following, mix or match the choices
+1 Action, +1 Card, +1, +1 Buy

2)
Do this twice, the choices must be different

3)
Do this twice, mix or match the choices

1- it has more "self synergy" since you can chain them and still get an additional card or out of them, so I'm thinking $3?

2- On account of the same reason that Warehouse (Seaside) is better than Cellar (base) is you get extra knowledge of what you're drawing first, and THEN discard. Here, you get to see the card draw before determining your 2nd choice, so.... $3?

3- This just combines the benefits of both the above, so $4 here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have had this brewing in the back of my mind since first reading the OP about 1.5 hours ago.

In short, this is not interesting in the slightest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
If you would regularly pay $4 for #3 then I'm afraid I'm going to have to revoke your Dominion license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to assume we're considering the card in a vacuum where Pawn (and each of these other variants) doesn't exist, otherwise saying 'This is better than Pawn so $3 but it's so marginally better' is pretty boring.

1) This is stronger than the original version of Steward (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=116.0). It offers four choices on top of Pawn's 6, which are +$2, +2 cards, +2 buys, +2 actions. All of those are still weak choices, but the card now offers quite a bit of versatility. This certainly wouldn't be game breaking at $2, but I'd say it'd probably fit in a lot better at $3, mainly because, man, you know how bad Pawn can be already with AP, and this just gives so many more options, you don't want them being THAT easy to spam gain.

2) This is probably still only worth $2. The only difference is now, if you want to draw, you do it first, and that can affect your second choice. I think that's nice, but I don't think it's enough to boost the card's cost.

3) Eh... this would be fine at $3, or $4, at this point, it would be too strong for $2. I think probably $3 is better, after drawing, you can still choose to draw again, but this is terminal draw, that's the big edge. The only reason I'd consider $4 is to stop people double opening it, which wouldn't be at all broken, but could lead to crazy AP if someone spams them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.