Conquest of the Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: maximum number of dice for defending city COTE classic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
popi dbk
Croatia
flag msg tools
hi, is this correct:

1. defending a fortified city...defender have 8 combat units + all 4 generals and cesar and attacker have 6 combat units (1 catapult) + general...now defender rolls 5 dice per (5 combat units, 3 remains in reserve ) + 5 aditional dice per generals and cesar and 1 dice per fortified city because attacker have catapult in his army...defender rolls then 12 dice against 6 of attacker ?

2. Pursuit question....after one round of battle, one side retreat other side pursuit... then roll 1 dice per every remaining unit and just calculate a hit with calvary (of course for pursuit you must have at least 1 calvary)..

3. Desant question....can i in my movement phase in dalmatia embark combat units with general and disembark them in sicilia and in my combat phase do battle in sicilia...(suposed not)

4. in COTE CLASSIC is there any situations when defender pick up / move away attacker combat units first or before attacker rolls his dice...

sorry for all this but in short time read a lot of rules together cote classic and cote II...we decide first play 20 matches of classic then when gets more experiance we go to perfect and most amazing COTE II..

thanks and sorry for languge mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
popi acmil wrote:
1. defending a fortified city...defender have 8 combat units + all 4 generals and cesar and attacker have 6 combat units (1 catapult) + general...now defender rolls 5 dice per (5 combat units, 3 remains in reserve ) + 5 aditional dice per generals and cesar and 1 dice per fortified city because attacker have catapult in his army...defender rolls then 12 dice against 6 of attacker ?

The way I read it, the defender can have all eight combat units in his battle legion, and the attacker can have all six combat units in his battle legion. (Normally up to five units, plus one for each General or Leader.) The defender gets to roll nine dice (one per combat unit in the battle legion, plus one for having a fortified city when the attacker has a catapult), and the attacker gets to roll six dice (one per combat unit in the battle legion).

popi acmil wrote:
2. Pursuit question....after one round of battle, one side retreat other side pursuit... then roll 1 dice per every remaining unit and just calculate a hit with calvary (of course for pursuit you must have at least 1 calvary)..

Yeah, and I assume the "matching dice" is done the same way as in normal combat, so if you have five land units left, but only two of them are cavalry, you roll five dice; if you get three cavalry symbols, that's two hits.

popi acmil wrote:
3. Desant question....can i in my movement phase in dalmatia embark combat units with general and disembark them in sicilia and in my combat phase do battle in sicilia...(suposed not)

I think you can. (That is, you can definitely embark & disembark in the same turn; the part I'm not sure about is whether you can disembark into an enemy-controlled space, but I think you can.)

popi acmil wrote:
4. in COTE CLASSIC is there any situations when defender pick up / move away attacker combat units first or before attacker rolls his dice...

I don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.