Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished re-reading the rules and was wondering if you only have access to 1 angel/devil card per game. The only time it's mentions that you put one in play is during the setup. In other words, did I miss some mechanic that you can draw and play an angel/demon or is it something that is an effect of other cards.

Just curious...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain another archangel/devil when you earn 7 holy or unholy points on a soul.

So when you can get 7 points on a soul the payoff is big.

As soon as you gain 7HP/UP:

1. The soul goes straight to heaven or hell earning you 3 points
2. No Reap card is required
3. You earn a new Archangel/Devil card, which is worth another 3 VP, and each that you gain allows you to influence another heavenly virtue/mortal weakness in step 1 of the turn order.

You can find this in the rules in the last paragraph of Step 3 under the "Play!" section.

There are some outdated rules linked on BGG so to make sure you are looking at the most current use the link here:
http://www.robertburkegames.com/2012/12/battle-for-souls-rul...

RAVENTROLL wrote:
I finished re-reading the rules and was wondering if you only have access to 1 angel/devil card per game. The only time it's mentions that you put one in play is during the setup. In other words, did I miss some mechanic that you can draw and play an angel/demon or is it something that is an effect of other cards.

Just curious...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweetness! Didn't catch that. That really does reinforce the 'push your luck' element! thumbsup Thanks for the quick response.

Liking this more and more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENTROLL wrote:
Sweetness! Didn't catch that. That really does reinforce the 'push your luck' element! thumbsup Thanks for the quick response.

Yep, very tense push your luck element. Sometimes you may find yourself playing a Reap card to prevent your opponent from gaining 7. This is why relics that prevent a Reap can be very good to have.

Another strategy is to stay just under 4 points on a soul and build your hand so you can get to 7 without putting souls in play at risk of being reaped. But of course, the longer it takes you, the more opportunity your opponent has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.