K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like the obvious merger, and one previous poster has suggested that the addition of the powerful Lolth creatures (mainly 3 and 4 XPs) makes Drizzt more challenging and better balanced. This sounds plausible, given Drizzt's extra attack and strong powers, but has anyone actually played through this to confirm it? Is the inclusion of all the heavy hitters from DC not likely to tilt the balance too far in favour of the Monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
We threw in all the monsters from Sting of Lloth and Tyranny of Goblins.
It makes the game more difficult but overly so; I think you still need to figure out what you want to add/remove depending on the number of players you have in your party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the monsters in Sting of Lolth casts a slowing spell, which LoD doesn't come with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bibious P
msg tools
mbmb
One thing I'm noticing is that by throwing in the harder monsters into the game is that our XP grows very quickly so endgame when the villain appears we are stacked to cancel encounters.
Not really sure how to counteract this but I'm thinking that when we start campaign mode the xp will be a hader decision since we'll want to save some for leveling up.

Also side note the Umber Hulk while an awesome model is pretty weak for a 4xp beastie. His tactics definitely need to be altered to make him balance out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmancheese wrote:
One of the monsters in Sting of Lolth casts a slowing spell, which LoD doesn't come with.

True. It's the Demonweb Spider. If you don't have a Slowed condition marker from the Ravenloft box, reversing a Poisoned or Immobilised marker to show the black side will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bibious wrote:
Also side note the Umber Hulk while an awesome model is pretty weak for a 4xp beastie. His tactics definitely need to be altered to make him balance out.

Check out some ideas here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10559614#10559614

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kasca wrote:
kmancheese wrote:

True. It's the Demonweb Spider. If you don't have a Slowed condition marker from the Ravenloft box, reversing a Poisoned or Immobilised marker to show the black side will do.

Not if you don't know what Slowed does. Info that can be fairly easily found, but it slowed down our session when it cropped up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weismann
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
What models are contained in this set?

I'm thinking of pikcing it up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blksabbath74 wrote:
What models are contained in this set?

I'm thinking of pikcing it up...

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/duncommga...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmancheese wrote:
kasca wrote:
kmancheese wrote:

Not if you don't know what Slowed does. Info that can be fairly easily found, but it slowed down our session when it cropped up.

Fair point. I suppose this is what happens when your game is really a 'system' - with multiple releases and versions. It develops bugs! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.