Le Havre: The Inland Port» Forums » General

Subject: Automatic scoring spreadsheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Tedsworth
United Kingdom
Godalming
flag msg tools
If you are too lazy to add up all those awkward numbers at the end of game, I've just uploaded a spreadsheet that will do it for you.

Made in Excel 2010, so I'm not sure if there will be compatibility issues with older versions or other spreadsheet software.

Feedback or error corrections are of course very welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also created a version of this (using Jingies layout and formulas [mostly]) and put it up on Google docs. I've tested it with my iPhone and it works fine.

This should make it a smidgen more portable.

I've flipped a note off to Jingies to make sure he's ok with my re-sharing of his work. As soon as I hear back from him, I'll post the link.

There is one issue with this solution - because the file is a shared document - anyone can edit it simultaneously. This becomes a problem if more than 1 pair of players is scoring at the same time. The workaround is simply to copy the file into your own Google Drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Tedsworth
United Kingdom
Godalming
flag msg tools
Go ahead and post the link, I'm quite happy for people to base works on my spreadsheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd
mbmbmbmbmb
the GoogleDocs version can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApNlS8bE8JchdFp...

Quote:
Because this is a public shared document, any changes will be live - which means that only one person can be editing the document at a time. This is obviously a problem.

In order to ensure your scoring is not modified by someone else while playing, I recommend that you copy this sheet into a GoogleDoc of your own - thereby making the document available on any device with which you can access and use Google Docs.

Do this by clicking File, Make a Copy...

I have also submitted it to be added in the weblinks section... not sure if they accept those kinds of things there (but I wouldn't see why they shouldn't)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.