Popular Tags: [View All]
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
No link here. When will these be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or new previews from Paul? Or card-scans from lucky owners?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Coyote wrote:
Or card-scans from lucky owners?

--> http://boardgamegeek.com/images/thing/130704/mage-knight-boa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Chris Coyote wrote:

Thanks! For some reason they didn't show up in my subscriptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Chris Coyote wrote:

Wow. Thanks for that link!

Chivalry looks just incredible! Like Intimidate, except you gain reputation instead of losing it. (Well, not maybe not quite as much attack . . .)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced Actions:

White
Chivalry
Attack 3, or Attack 2 and Reputation +1 for each enemy defeated by this attack.
W: Attack 6, or Attack 4 and Reputation +1 and Fame +1 for each enemy defeated by this attack.

Dodge and Weave
Reduce one enemy attack by 2. Gain Attack 1 in the Attack phase if you did not add any Wounds to your hand in the previous combat phases.
W: Reduce one enemy attack by 4 or two attacks of one or two enemies by 2. Gain Attack 2 in the Attack phase if you did not add any Wounds to your hand in the previous combat phases.

Peaceful Moment
Influence 3. You may play this as your action for the turn: if you do, you may get Heal 1 for each 2 Influence you spend.
W: Influence 6. You may play this as your action for the turn: if you do, you may get Heal 1 for each 2 Influence you spend and/or refresh a Unit by paying 2 Influence per level of the Unit.

Red
Ritual Attack
Throw away another action card. Depending on its color, you get: Attack 5 for red, Ice Attack 3 for blue, Ranged Attack 3 for white, Siege Attack 2 for green.
R: Throw away another action card. Depending on its color, you get: Fire Attack 6 for red, Cold Fire Attack 4 for blue, Ranged Fire Attack 4 for white, Siege Fire Attack 3 for green.

Counterattack
Attack 2. Get and additional Attack 2 for each enemy blocked this turn.
R: Attack 4. Get an additional Attack 3 for each enemy blocked this turn.

Blood of Ancients
Gain a Wound. Pay one mana of any color. Gain a card of that color from the Advanced Action offer and put it into your hand.
R: Gain a Wound to your hand or discard pile. Use the stronger effect of any card from the Advanced Action offer without paying its mana cost. The card remains in the offer.

Blue
Temporal Portal
Play as your action for this turn. You may move to an adjacent revealed safe space (without provoking rampaging monsters). Whether you move or not, your Hand limit is higher by 1 the next time you draw cards.
U: As above, except you can either move two spaces to a revealed safe space instead of one, or get your Hand limit increased by 2 instead of 1.

Spell Forge
Gain one crystal to your Inventory of the same color as one of the Spell cards in the Spells offer.
U: Gain two crystals to your Inventory of the same colors as two different Spell cards in the Spells offer.

Shield Bash
Block 3. Counts twice against an attack with Swiftness.
U: Block 5. Counts twice against an attack with Swiftness. Blocked enemy gets Armor -1 for each point of block higher than needed (to a minimum of 1).

Green
Stout Resolve
Move 2, Influence 2, Attack 2 or Block 2. You may discard a Wound to increase the effect by 1.
G: Move 3, Influence 3, Attack 3 or Block 3. You may discard any number of cards, including one Wound, to increase the effect by 2 for each.

Mountain Lore
Move 3. If you end your turn in hills, your Hand limit is higher by 1 the next time you draw cards.
G: Move 5. You can enter mountains at a move cost of 5 and they are considered a safe space for you at the end of this turn. If you end your turn in mountains/hills, your Hand limit is higher by 2/1 the next time you draw cards.

Force of Nature
Chosen Unit gains Physical resistance this combat.
G: Siege Attack 3 or Block 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
No spells?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Artifacts:

Banner of Fortitude
Assign this to a Unit you control. Once a Round, when the Unit is about to get wounded, flip this card to ignore the wound and any additional effects from it. The Unit can still only be assigned damage once each combat.
X: Anytime except during combat: Heal all of your Units completely.

Banner of Command
Influence 4. If you recruited a Unit this turn, you may assign this card to it instead of a Command token. Put this card face down over the Unit when it is spent, and return it face up under it whenever it is ready.
X: Gain Fame +2. Recruit any one Unit from the Units offer for free. (If you are at your Command limit, you must disband one of your Units first.)

Bow of Starsdawn
When you play this, discard any amount of cards from your hand. You get Ranged Attack 2 for each card you discard this way. Fame +1 for each enemy you defeat in the current phase of combat.
X: Each of your Ranged Attacks this turn is either doubled, or becomes a Siege Attack of the same element. You may also double any Siege attacks, but they become Ranged Attacks of the same element.

Druidic Staff
Discard a card. Depending on its color you get: White: Move up to 2 revealed spaces, to a safe space; blue: Get 2 crystalcrystals of any one color; red: Ready a level III Unit or lower; green: Heal 3.
X: Choose two of the options above, without discarding any cards.

Soul Harvester
Attack 3. For one enemy defeated by this attack gain one crystal to your inventory. It may be red if the enemy had Fire resistance, blue if it had Ice resistance, green if it had Physical resistance. You may always choose white.
X: Attack 8. Gain one crystal as above for each enemy defeated in the current phase of combat.

Tome of all Spells
Discard a card of any color. Use the basic effect of a Spell of the same color from the Spells offer without paying its mana cost.
X: Discard a card of any color. Use the stronger effect of a Spell of the same color from the Spells offer without paying its mana cost. You may do so even during the Day.

Circlet of Proficiency
Use any non-interactive Skill in the Common Skills offer (including your own) as if it was your Skill. If it is a Skill usable each turn (one that does not flip), use its effect twice.
X: Take any Skill in the Common Skills offer (including your own) and keep it for the rest of the game, as if acquired through a Level up.

Shield of the Fallen Kings
Block 6, or two Block 4 against different attacks.
X: Cold Fire Block 8, or up to three Cold Fire Block 4 against different attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Units

Green Heroes III
Influence Cost: 9 (x2)
Village, Keep, City
Armor: 3 (Physical resistance)
You have to pay 2 Influence to activate this Unit during any assault or an attack on another player.
- Attack or Block 5
- G: Heal 4
- Influence 5. If used during interaction, Reputation +1.

White Heroes III
Village, Keep, City
Armor: 6
You have to pay 2 Influence to activate this Unit during any assault or an attack on another player.
- Attack or Block 5
- W: Ranged Attack 7

Blue Heroes III
Village, Keep, City
Armor: 4 (Ice resistance)
- Attack or Block 5
- U: Cold Fire Block 8

Red Heroes III
Village, Keep, City
Armor: 4 (Fire resistance)
- Attack or Block 5
- R: Cold Fire Attack 6

Delphana Masters IV
Influence Cost: 13 (!)
City
Armor: 3 (Fire, Ice and Physical resistance)
When activating this you may use multiple different abilities against the same or different targets.
- U: Target enemy does not attack.
- R: Target enemy is destroyed if blocked.
- G: Armor of target enemy is reduced by 5 (to a minimum of 1).
- W: Target enemy loses all fortifications and resistances.

Shock Troops II
Influence Cost: 6
Keep
Armor: 3
- Ranged Attack 1. All your other Units get +1 to all their Attacks this turn.
- Reduce Armor and one attack of chosen enemy by 1.
- Reduce one enemy attack by 3. Any damage from that attack must be assigned to this Unit first, even if the enemy had Assassination.

Magic Familiars II
Influence Cost: 6 (+mana)
Mage Tower, Monastery, Glade
Armor: 5
- Attack 3 (R: +2)
- Block 4 (U: +3)
- Move or Influence 3 (W: +2)
- Heal 2 (G: +1)
When recruiting, pay one mana of basic color and place a mana token of that color on the Unit. The corresponding option is increased. At the start of each Round, either replace that toklen (sic) with one crystal of any color from your inventory, or throw away this Unit.

Sorcerers III
Influence Cost: 9
Mage Tower, Monastery
Armor: 4 (Fire and Ice resistance)
- Ranged Attack 3
- W: Chosen enemy loses all fortifications. Ranged Attack 3.
- G: Chosen enemy loses all resistances. Ranged Attack 3.

Thugs I
Influence Cost: 5 (+/-)
Village, Keep
Armor: 5*
- Block 3
- Attack 3, Reputation -1
- Influence 4, Reputation -1
*You cannot assign damage to this Unit unless you pay 2 Influence during combat.

Scouts I
Influence Cost: 4
Village, Keep, Mage Tower, Monastery, City
Armor: 2
- Siege Attack 1
- Take a look at a face down token within 3 spaces on the map, or at the top token of any unused enemy token pile. If you defeat that token this turn, gain +1 Fame.
- Move 2. You may reveal a new tile at a distance of 2 spaces instead of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Renaud
Canada
Mission
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be able to list the changes to old cards, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is aggravating! I can make out the titles on the spells Cure and Mistform, but I can't make out the card text. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get a chance I will probably go ahead and enter some of this text into the unofficial MKBG wiki. Makes sense to me to just combine the expansion cards into categories with the regular cards, but mark them as expsnsion only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Woah. Any news on spells? Some of those bad guys look really cool. I can't wait.

What about the changed cards? The big picture is impossible to read =(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to
Magnus Percan
Sweden
Malmö
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mostly clarifications or known errata; real changes on Altem Mages (enemy), Altem Guardians (enemy), In Need (aa), Magic Talent (aa), Blood Ritual (aa), Utem Guardsmen (unit), Altem Guarians (unit), Wings of Night (spell), Cold Toughness (basic action), Banner of Fear (artifact), Horn of Wrath (artifact)

Sites:
Keep, Ancient Ruins and Spawning Grounds: dont't know what's changed on these; they look like the (german translated) cards I own.

Tactics:
Day 4 (Planning): Wording slightly changed: At the end of each turn, if you have at least 2 deed cards in your hand, draw your next hand as if your hand limit is increased by one. as if you hand limit is 1 higher

Spells:
Time Bending: At the end of your turn, set this card aside for the rest of the round. Put all other cards you played this turn (not those discarded or thrown away) except his one back in your hand. Skip the "draw new cards" portion of your end of turn step. Immediately take another turn.
Energy Flow: Identical to the text on the Mage Knight Wiki
Disintegrate: Play this only during in the Attack phase of combat. Destroy target enemy token. Other enemies get Armor -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Tornado: Play this only during in the Attack phase of combat. Destroy target enemy.
Wings of Night: Original text replaced by: Target enemy does not attack this combat. You may target additional enemies: pay 1 Move point for the second enemy, 2 Move points for the third enemy, etc.

Enemies:
Altem Mages lose fortified.
Altem Guardians lose 1 Attack (for Attack 5).

Basic Actions:
Cold Toughness: Ice Attack 2 or Ice Block 3. With blue mana: Ice Block 5. Get +1 Ice Block for each special ability or color of attack and resistance depicted on the blocked enemy token you block (unless it has Arcane Immunity), (or for each mana spent by an opponent during the attack).

Advanced Actions:
Agility: Wording changed: Move 2. During combat this turn, you may spend Move points to get Attack 1 for each.left from Move phase as Attack points one for one. With white mana: Move 4. During combat this turn, you may spend any amount of move points. 1 to get Attack 1 and/or 2 to get Ranged Attack 1.Move points left from Move phase as Attack points one for one, or 2 Move points for 1 point of Ranged Attack.
In Need: Influence 32. Get an additional Influence 1 for each Wound card in your hand and/or on a Unit you control. With green mana: Influence 54. Get an additional Influence 2 for each Wound card in your hand and/or on a Unit you control.
Magic Talent: Discard a card of any colorfrom your hand. You may play one Spell card of the same color in the Spells offer this turn as if it were in your hand. That card remains in the Spells offer. With blue mana: unchanged.
Blood Ritual: Take a Wound. Gain a red mana token crystal to your inventory and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). With red mana: Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic). You may pay one mana of a basic color to gain a crystal of that color to your inventory
Refreshing Walk: Added sentence "If played during combat, Move 2/4 only".

Units:
Utem Guardsmen, Altem Guardians: Block option changed: Block 4/8. Any enemy blocked this way loses Swiftness. Counts twice against an attack with Swiftness.

Artifacts:
Banner of Fear: Standard unchanged. One-time ability: "Up tp 3 enemies do not attack this combat."

Horn of Wrath: Siege Attack 5 6. Roll a mana die. If you roll black or red, you get a Wound. /// Siege Attack 5 6. You may add up to +5 +6 to this Siege Attack. For each +1 you added roll a mana die. You get a Wound for each black or red rolled.

That's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
That is exactly the In Need fix I was hoping for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
That is exactly the In Need fix I was hoping for!

In Need seems pretty good with Peaceful Moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
--> English rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gian Le
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

Question about Blood ritual, if i used the powered up version, can i simply get 3 gold tokens then turn all 3 of them into any crystals i want?

Blood Ritual: Take a Wound. Gain a red mana crystal to your inventory and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). With red mana: Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic). You may pay one mana of a basic color to gain a crystal of that color to your inventory

Edit: Or can i only use it 1 time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giangsta wrote:

Blood Ritual: Take a Wound. Gain a red mana crystal to your inventory and a mana token of any color (including non-basic). With red mana: Take a Wound. Gain three mana tokens of any colors (including non-basic). You may pay one mana of a basic color to gain a crystal of that color to your inventory

The answer is within your post. Just 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you can only pay one mana of a basic color (not gold)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:

During the day, you can use gold to pay mana of any basic color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:

During the day, you can use gold to pay mana of any basic color.

Yes -- the reason that "basic color" is emphasized there is because you can't make black or gold crystals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.