Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a situation last night we had not encountered before. In the 9s and 10s there are a number of cards that have a dogma that leads to a card being drawn and melded, and then the new card's dogma is triggered. When this happens, do the echoes in the stack of the new card trigger? If so, and the original card states that the dogma is not to be shared, are the echoes shared?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
No -- just dogma effects are executed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually...I need to check with Carl. You absolutely don't share them, but it might be the case that echo effects get done too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith-Stoe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to check my deck at home. But I thought the phrasing used was "execute all non-demand dogma effects for yourself only." So no echo effects are activated. During testing cards like these led to potential loops when echo effects were activated too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
SurfinDecoy wrote:
I'd have to check my deck at home. But I thought the phrasing used was "execute all non-demand dogma effects for yourself only." So no echo effects are activated. During testing cards like these led to potential loops when echo effects were activated too.

I think you're right. One trouble here is that the first edition cards had a slightly different wording that was more unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
Only dogma effects are activated, not the echo effects. A dogma effect, listed in the main text area of a card, is different from a Dogma Action, which you may take on your turn, causing you to activate all the echo effects visible and then dogma effects in a chosen color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.