Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

I wanted to create a new thread as my question isn't directly related to an old thread but similar.

Continuing from this thread for context http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/602704/final-round :

Dugy wrote:
When one or both of the conditions for the final round are triggered, what happens afterwards from the following situations:

- Player A (triggered the final round) completes his turn, then Player B, C and D done one more turn and the game ends or;

- Player A (triggered the final round) finish his turn, then Player B, C, D and again A done one more turn and the scoring occurs.

I presume that the second option is correct, according to the rulebook "In this final round, each player has one more turn – including the player
who triggered the final round.".

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Mike Mayer wrote:

The second option, yes.

I think the reason for the rule is to give the player who trips the end of the game an extra incentive for doing so. Otherwise, players who hoard cubes would most likely let the game keep going on as long as possible. But the possibility of an extra turn rewards more efficient players (or at least makes that strategy more viable).

Assume four players: A, B, C, D

On A's turn, C follows A to the location and fulfills a level 10 contract triggering the end game.

The rules state that there is one more turn for everybody but the next player in turn order would be B not C, so C doesn't really get to cash in on this supposed "extra turn" incentive right?

After C triggers the end game, the final turn would play out B, C, D, A right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:

Yes... So C might want to wait to deliver the contract on his own turn unless he fears competition for the last contract or that B will trigger game end anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
matthew.marquand wrote:

That is my understanding, yes. Exactly who triggered the final game turns is of little importance; what matters is on whose turn it occurred. The last turns are then calculated from that specific player onwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.