Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

For the Squire's ability:

"Your maximum had size is increased by two and you draw a card at the start of EACH Execution, including the first."

I wanted to verify if the "max number of cards per your limit / dont draw a card" limit was in play here with this particular way you get a cards. The dont draw rule technically looks to only effect the Draw Phase, so wasnt sure if it effected other times you get cards too.

Actually now that I think of it, what about when you get cards from other players as well? I briefly scanned the cards and I guess technically you would only ever get one back to replace the card you had... but in the rules there isnt anything about a discard or "check the number of cards you have" phase.

Another scenario... What if you're the Merchant (who has no hand limit) you end up with lets say 7 cards in your hand and then someone uses the Anarchist's "Revolt" ability and everyone switches roles and the Merchant is now the Actor... what happens to your hand?

I would think that at the very least the instructions should be edited to so something like "Anytime you would draw, take or give a card, you must check if the receiving player's max hand limit. If the receiving player is at their max number of cards you must skip the draw, take or give part of the action." or something along that lines depending if the rule was meant just for when you draw a card or for anytime you are at your max.

I guess technically the "dont draw anymore cards when you are at max" rule may have just been meant for the draw phase, but if so it kind of makes the "your max hand size is +2" on the Squire and the "you have no max hand size" on the Merchant way less useful as it only then effects when you draw in the draw phase as well =/.

Thoughts?
-E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
The maximum hand size should affect all card draws. This comes up quite rarely, but it should apply to everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
The maximum hand size should affect all card draws. This comes up quite rarely, but it should apply to everything.

Oh awesome, thanks for clearing that up (and thanks for such a quick response btw!).

To followup tho just to check, if for some reason you end up with a hand with more cards then your max hand size (e.g. Merchant has a 7 hand size and you switch roles) do you get to keep them but can never draw more til its below your new max? Does that effect cards you get from things like "Coercion" were you get a card from another player?

Thanks!
-Emil

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is that there should never be any discarding down to Max hand size--the only effect of maximum hand size is that you can't draw from the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
The idea is that there should never be any discarding down to Max hand size--the only effect of maximum hand size is that you can't draw from the deck.

Got it. Thanks again for the clarification! =)

-E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Beaudet
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
After someone uses a plot card to send it someone where else, the squire also gets a card or just initially when the overlord gives it to someone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.