United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all...

I know I've been quiet for a while, but I wanted to make sure I could pull something off to my standards and satisfaction before I announced it, but SR is currently in development to be a computer game!

Everything that's in SR, is also in SR:TCG, including the following additions:

- Completely randomized sectors and systems
- More build types, including the ability to add infrastructure to a certain level
- Fully dynamic ships and randomly generated stats - but you won't really know what your ship can do until after its built!
- Dynamic ship yards, with traits that can help or hinder the construction of certain ships... depending on how you use the yard
- Intuitive UI, one-screen unit and system management
- Streamlined turn sequence - you plan your moves, make your builds, and set your research all in one phase, and then watch the results unfold
- New system morale system - systems may not respond to your requests if morale drops too low!
- Expanded tactical battle system
- Expanded captain/admiral system - traits are revealed as time goes on
- More setup options

And more!

More to come... keep watching this thread for more details! I should have a playable alpha ready in 2 weeks or so - I'm taking 2 more volunteers to playtest (must have Windows). If you're interested, please let me know in a geek-mail. I'm not asking for a lot of time - maybe an hour or two a week - but I will ask you to sign an NDA - this is the first project that I really feel has some commercial potential, and I don't want half-assed versions out in the wild.

Again, thanks for your patience and I can't tell you all how excited I am about this project!

-Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Can't wait to see it! What sort of price point do you think you're looking at for this? Or are you not at a place where you can start determining that sort of thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Cool! Can't wait to see it! What sort of price point do you think you're looking at for this? Or are you not at a place where you can start determining that sort of thing?

Not really sure at this point. I can do enough things myself (or can contract it out) that my costs to make the game are very minimal - thus no need for a crowd fund, etc. I'm certainly thinking no more than $20, and probably less. If some publisher were to be interested, that might change, but for now it's solo as she flies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: one tester spot left! I am being firm on this, so if you're interested, please contact me! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: testing call closed. Thanks to those who volunteered - expect an e-mail with goodies soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchell
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
Hi Steve,

Just discovered Star Requiem, and I am so impressed with your work. I'm primarily a solo gamer and this is one of the best solos I've ever played.

So thanks for your hard work, it's much appreciated

Anyway, it's been a little while whistle since the computer version was mentioned. Just wondering how you're progressing. Anything on the horizon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Doc,

Wow. Thanks for the nice words!! I'm glad someone (besides me) is getting something out of SR. I appreciate them! As far as the computer version, I haven't really been working on that because I've actually been working on a much larger computer project called Imperia. It will be a free download. It's basically Master of Orion meets Crusader Kings II. I have a working alpha completed and as soon as I hit a completion milestone (version 0.2) I will post it to SourceForge. Figure in about another week or two. I've been working on it for about 4 months and I am very excited about it. I do have plans to go back and finish SR computer version - programming Imperia has been a big help as far as my learning curve and there are some things that I plan to do differently when I get back around to SR computer version. I'll probably post an announcement here when I do post Imperia so stay tuned if you like that sort of thing!

As always, if you have any questions, please ask... and good luck with those Xyl!!!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchell
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
Hiya Steve,

Well, you've gotta be my favourite person! I'm an old time MOO(1 & 2) player (remember it the first time round, yes I really am that old!), also loved STARS (if you remember that one!)

Sounds like a fascinating project, I envy your talent for programming. I will certainly keep an eye on Imperia, and will look forward to it.

Am loving SR, a really well designed and clever game, again, I can't thank you enough for this. I have introduced the game to a few friends and they're all very enthuastic about it. Have you considered a commercial (perhaps extended) version again? Honestly I'm not sure how you could improve it, but then I'm just a gamer not a designer.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say thank you. If nothing else, I (and others) really do appreciate your work, and wish you every success in your future projects.

Cheers,
Doc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update - I have posted screenshots on this thread: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,6925.0.html

It's a 4X game that I play called Aurora. I can't post screenshots that aren't boardgame related so this will have to do. For now, that will be the primary thread for info related to Imperia until I get the official website up.

And Doc, thanks for the kind works!! I'll try not to let you down. laugh

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going forward, all updates/shots will be on this site:

http://imperiagame.wordpress.com/.

Check it out!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Texashawk76 wrote:
Going forward, all updates/shots will be on this site:

http://imperiagame.wordpress.com/.

Check it out!

Steve

Any update on this?

I assume this won't run on Mac?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.