Clash of Cultures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event priority rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, in our first official 4 player session we had an issue in which there came up a Famine event (with restriction of increasing city size for the remainder of the round), and then there came up a second event before the end of the turn in which you could pay a culture token to do two things (one was increasing city size).

We ruled this out that the Famine event (restricting city size increase) had priority over the free city size increase.

Another question that aroze was the free advance in the Status Phase (which triggers an event with one player), while other players were still deciding which advance to go for. While deciding the event was read aloud (as it is conclude immediately after it's triggering), which could influence the choice of advance a player could make. I suppose first all players chose their advance then check wich players trigger events before finishing the other steps of the Status Phase...

Realy love this game, and is becoming one of my favorite CIV games.

Tip: Maritime , Spirituality (Theology) in combination with Economics

Thanks for clarification =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rudy. Thanks for your kind words. Im so happy you are loving the game. cool

bewareness wrote:
Yesterday, in our first official 4 player session we had an issue in which there came up a Famine event (with restriction of increasing city size for the remainder of the round), and then there came up a second event before the end of the turn in which you could pay a culture token to do two things (one was increasing city size).

We ruled this out that the Famine event (restricting city size increase) had priority over the free city size increase.

You are talking about the Plague event, and you ruled it correctly. Note that the card says "you cannot increase city size (for any reason)". So another event card would not overrule that.

Quote:
Another question that aroze was the free advance in the Status Phase (which triggers an event with one player), while other players were still deciding which advance to go for. While deciding the event was read aloud (as it is conclude immediately after it's triggering), which could influence the choice of advance a player could make. I suppose first all players chose their advance then check wich players trigger events before finishing the other steps of the Status Phase...

The rules state that each player does each step one at a time in turn order, exactly to avoid any Event issues

Quote:
Realy love this game, and is becoming one of my favorite CIV games.

Tip: Maritime , Spirituality (Theology) in combination with Economics

Thanks for clarification =)

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for Miniature Market to get it in/ship mine. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Still waiting for Miniature Market to get it in/ship mine. soblue

Hope you get your hands on this one quick. Can't wait to have this one on the table again. There is so much more than meets the eye. This game has infinite replayability potential.

A must have and certainly a must keep meeple

Take care

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.