David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to buy some game-sized boxes around the size/shape of Carcassonne (the game, not the actual city). Ideally they would have a lid that went to the box bottom and would be a solid color.

WHERE can I get this? I need several of them, for PnP games and the like...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uline is the one that comes to mind first for finding a large variety of boxes. They do have a lot more then just shipping boxes. Finding one that fits and is the quality of a good game box may be tougher.

http://www.uline.com/Grp_97/Retail-Boxes?keywords=gift+boxes

Take a look and let me know what you find.

If you find a size that works most likely you should be able to find a reseller if you don't want the quantity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Trivial Pursuit boxes work for your purposes? Even in my small city area, it's not so uncommon at all for me to go into a thrift store see 6 or 8 or even more TP (and isn't that a nifty double entendre abbreviation) games on the shelf, 99 cents or $1.99 each and no takers.... Lately I've also been seeing a lot of the Worst Case Scenario games for some reason, and you can count on frequently seeing standard thrift fare such as vintage Scrabble sets, Clue, Pente....

What I'm suggesting basically is that you thriftbuy games you don't really want just for the boxes, which may have bits and/or dividers that you can use for your PnP games.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rare Board Games wrote:
Uline is the one that comes to mind first for finding a large variety of boxes. They do have a lot more then just shipping boxes. Finding one that fits and is the quality of a good game box may be tougher.

http://www.uline.com/Grp_97/Retail-Boxes?keywords=gift+boxes

Take a look and let me know what you find.

If you find a size that works most likely you should be able to find a reseller if you don't want the quantity.

I've been using Uline 8.75x11.25 chipboard boxes for 18xx stuff for a long time now, but they don't offer a similar, smaller box, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
What I'm suggesting basically is that you thriftbuy games you don't really want just for the boxes, which may have bits and/or dividers that you can use for your PnP games.

That's not a bad idea, I can use full-page labels to cover them, I guess. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
That's not a bad idea, I can use full-page labels to cover them, I guess. Thanks.

It might even be simpler and/or neater than that -- I started another thread a few weeks back, asking for my own information if anyone had any experience or luck with spray painting boxes to repurpose them for other games, and got some good responses. I haven't had occasion yet to do it myself, but by the responses I got, it not only works, but works well.

It was also suggested to use contact paper to repaper the boxes, but in my own experience I've never seen a crafted thingy of any sort involving contact paper that I found to be 100% acceptable. That's what got me to looking down the painting path in the first place. YMMV though -- some folks have done very well and been very pleased with the results in using contact paper.

Still though, if you start with thrifted boxes, you'll have boxes that are made for games, there may be a riser or divider in the box that already fits, and there may be useful bits in the box as well, which you will still have even if an experiment fails to please you and you throw the box away.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.