Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Carson City: Gold & Guns» Forums » General

Subject: 14 personalities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my new copy and read through the rules and was surprised to see that you still only use 7 personalities, selected any way you like, I figured you would use all 14 each game.
Has anyone every tried it?

I can see how using a random 7 adds lot of verity to each new game.

I just wonder if the game would still work well with all 14 in use.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, I completely didn't know that. I played with all 14 and it wasn't really an issue.. maybe added AP -- but didn't feel game breaking.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Ha, I completely didn't know that. I played with all 14 and it wasn't really an issue.. maybe added AP -- but didn't feel game breaking.


Oh yeah! I didn't even consider the AP factor.
Glad I helped to fill the gap well suffer from glancing over a new rule book.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played two games today and dealt our 7 random slates and then flipped them like a coin to determine side!

Worked great.

I think you need to narrow out down to seven in orer to make people really consider opting out early in order to get a good role.

It also really changes up the feel of the game each time.

Your first game without a Sherriff is what gets you into the new mode, I think.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
I played two games today and dealt our 7 random slates and then flipped them like a coin to determine side!

Worked great.

I think you need to narrow out down to seven in orer to make people really consider opting out early in order to get a good role.

It also really changes up the feel of the game each time.

Your first game without a Sherriff is what gets you into the new mode, I think.


Yeah I just finished my first game with G&G and choose to play without the personalities we rely on, I agree 100% with you, changing up the roles is a great way to play carson city, makes it feel very new.

by the way mmesich, what is your avatar, I have never seen the picture before, is it from a kung fu movie?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bmwrider wrote:
by the way mmesich, what is your avatar, I have never seen the picture before, is it from a kung fu movie?


I just finished playing a forum game based on the movie Battle Royale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTGwtqJgsE

It's very violent, but full of social commentary.

The forum game was here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/878666/battle-royale
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
bmwrider wrote:
by the way mmesich, what is your avatar, I have never seen the picture before, is it from a kung fu movie?


I just finished playing a forum game based on the movie Battle Royale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTGwtqJgsE

It's very violent, but full of social commentary.

The forum game was here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/878666/battle-royale


very cool, now it makes sense to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.