Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Mook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Howdy Folks -

Just curious if anyone has tried using small 'hour glasses' (maybe 20- or 30-second jobbers) as part of each players' turn. Play a card, flip the timer, your description must carry on with no further cards being played until the timer is ready to flip?

Looking for ways to slow down the pace and (hopefully) encourage more attention to the story than the machine-gun card effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommaso Franco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't bother using an exact timer, but we have noticed the machine-gun effect you're talking about sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my group I always encourage the others players to appraise the story and avoid the machine gun card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Nelson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a rule that could be summarised as "you must keep the story moving for 15 seconds before you play a second card". We don't stick strictly to that, but if someone machine guns, we call "too fast", and make them keep the story moving. We also give a one-card penalty for inappropriate interrupts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.