Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I experienced having a small alliance force in Cadiz that was cornered by the Bourbons. With two corps, they were too big to go into the fort, so I stood and fought. Since Gibraltar was occupied by the Bourbons that was not an option. However, we were wondering (in retrospective) if a withdraw by sea would be an option. Retreat by sea is per 16.4.3.B, and that's how part of my defeated force made it out.

Thanks. My pal and I are enjoying the game quite a bit by e-mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don H
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I assume you are using the Vassal module? Joel Toppen did a great job with it.

You played it correctly. A force cannot avoid battle by sea, but up to two corps can retreat by sea if the force loses. One thing to note, if you were pretty certain of losing, per 14.7.4 one corps could have avoided battle by retreating into the fortress, leaving the other corps to fend for itself (ensuring you would only take one hit in the battle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dherndon wrote:
I assume you are using the Vassal module? Joel Toppen did a great job with it.

Thanks, glad we got it right Don. And agree that Joel does terrific work at everything I've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.