Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people on the forums have said that the number of players affects the difficulty level of a scenario. Is there anyone experienced enough to put this into actual figures?

For example
Passage Through Mirkwood DL = 2 / 1 / 1 / 1
Journey Down the Anduin DL = 5 / 4 / 3 / 2
Escape from Dul Guldur DL = 9 / 7 / 7 / 7
where the scores represent difficulty levels for one / two / three / four players.

The above figures are purely guesswork. I've not played this game nearly enough to be able to compare relative difficulties. The only four player game I've played was Passage Through Mirkwood in which we breezed through the whole scenario in two and a half turns.

For all I know there are some scenarios which are actually easier solo than with two players. Others where the DL is the same whatever the number of players. Some system similar to the above would be a great help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just come down on the side of "why do they say this game is anything other than 2 player"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Duckworth
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it is way too subjective, dependant on deck. It's hard enough to give one difficulty accurately, which is for 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
I just come down on the side of "why do they say this game is anything other than 2 player"...

Because it's awesome solo and great fun with three or four?

I actually think it's best balanced for three. But whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Goodfriend

Berwyn
Illinois
msg tools
mb
I've always wondered why the scenario can't play literally differently, based on players or chosen difficulty level. In other words, instead of giving us 27 cards and 3 quest cards, give us 20 cards, 2 sets of quest cards ("normal" and "hard", or "multi" and "solo" or whatever) and 2 sets of the hardest creatures/bosses/rewards, whatever. It would greatly increase the replay value of the monthly packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play this game almost every week since launch. We mostly play 4 players, although sometimes 3 players, and we have a blast with the current format. We still find some adventures to be a real challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.