Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you take one action and then even though you could cut peat or fell wood you decide to pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't pass, but there are other ways to do actually nothing:

- enter a building and do nothing (if you have monks left)
- cut peat or fell wood if you have no such cards left (then nothing happens)

But if you have a forest or moor card left and choose the corresponding action, you have to remove one such card, and move the respective goods counter to 0. You may, of course, choose a goods counter (wood/peat or joker) that is already on 0 and gain nothing, but you still lose the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought that you where not able to enter a building unless you could take the action. We decided thus far that you could not do this. Is this stated clearly in the rules that I may have missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brooklynknight wrote:
I had thought that you where not able to enter a building unless you could take the action.

No. I specifically mentioned this in the thread you started last week. Nothing on page 2/3 says you must use a building if you place a worker in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
You can't pass, but there are other ways to do actually nothing:

- enter a building and do nothing (if you have monks left)
- cut peat or fell wood if you have no such cards left (then nothing happens)

But if you have a forest or moor card left and choose the corresponding action, you have to remove one such card, and move the respective goods counter to 0. You may, of course, choose a goods counter (wood/peat or joker) that is already on 0 and gain nothing, but you still lose the card.
And if you have no free workers and no wood or peat? I think you MUST pass, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Ponton, do you have the German rules/manual handy? Can you give us a bit more clarification on pages 2&3 when it comes to Prior placement? A few of us have a theory about this getting lost in translation.

If a monk is place on a building can you do nothing? Or you MUST perform the action on the building?

Bitte?
Danke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You are allowed to refuse taking the building action. You place a monk and simply do nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Murphy
United States
Saint James
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
brooklynknight wrote:
I had thought that you where not able to enter a building unless you could take the action.

No. I specifically mentioned this in the thread you started last week. Nothing on page 2/3 says you must use a building if you place a worker in it.

I took your post to be one of an opinion and not fact. When I re-read your post you seemed unsure yourself, however figured based on past experience that you could not.

It looks like our man Senor Chaos has gotten us the solid answer!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.