Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesper Noget
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear All,

One question that I couldn't find the answer on in the rules or FAQs.

Upon setup of a scenario, how to treat MIL units from cities that are currently not under your control?

Should they just be included in the forcepool and hence have the possibility to be placed on the map? And then they upon destruction be removed from the forcepool until their home city is liberated? And what about MIL units not drawn from the force pool upon setup, but from a city that is controlled by your opposing MP?

Yours,

Jesper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the set-up, the numbers are such that you have to include MIL from captured cities to be able to fulfill the set-up. For Global War anyway - not sure about the scenarios because I don't generally play them, and I'm on the road so don't have my WIF stuff here.

Upon destruction, such a MIL is removed from the game - not put in the forcepool (in previous WIF editions it DID go to the forcepool so you had the chance of drawing non-usable units!). They go back into the force pool if you recapture their city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chinese are a good example. In the Global war scenario you draw the Mil units from the entire set for initial set up. These units may be placed regardless of whether its city is controlled by Japan. But after that if the unit is destroyed without China controlling its city then it's destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Noget
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answers.
So you could as China end up having few MIL left in your force pool if the Japanese go rampage and kill your MIL from the occupied cities and you loose Si-An in the process.

Yours,

Jesper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pectin wrote:
Thanks for the quick answers.
So you could as China end up having few MIL left in your force pool if the Japanese go rampage and kill your MIL from the occupied cities and you loose Si-An in the process.

Just to clarify - if a MIL is destroyed while its city is enemy controlled, it does NOT go back to the force pool, but is set aside to be returned to the force pool on that happy day that you retake your city. AND when a city with a MIL falls while its MIL is already in the force pool, remove it (and return it if you retake the city).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.