Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is there any way that you can block a person from getting that last cube on the tower. I played a two player game and one beginners fault that I did a couple of times was to use up all my cubes and not have any left for the tower, and of course my opponent tried to avoid freeing my cubes therefor locking me out of the game. Is this the only way that you can block an opponent, as this was my mistake, or once they have the right amount of crystals is there nothing you can do about them getting to the crystal tower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct-'cube flow' is a key to this game. you want to be able to cash in and retrieve your cubes. Also, the Yellow 1 and 2 cards (2 offerings + 1 or +2 crystals) are your friends-take advantage of them to get closer to victory and make your opponent(s) path more expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman56 wrote:
Is there any way that you can block a person from getting that last cube on the tower.

Yes. Just take that spot yourself On the other hand, in my games I have never experienced the lack of cubes. Although it is good to spread out and participate in as much builds as you can, however you need crystals quickly to start sacrificing them at the centre as soon possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cube shortage is a possible issue in a two player game and not present at higher player counts, generally. In three and four player games, it pays to snipe points by spreading yourself out across the board. In a two player game, you can stall with this tactic because your oppponent may not help you get your cubes back. So, the two player game seems to be a race of sorts, trying to monopolize a region of the board and getting back to the obelisk in a hurry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.