Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently i had a non product issue with Space Alert regarding a player in my group wishing to play but was unable to in the current incarnation of the game.

Petr from Czech games managed to get in touch with me and we discussed the issue and he and his company went out of their way to help me solve my issue.

When companies do things like this,they make a customer for life, period.

Thank you Petr and thank you Czech games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's wonderfully vague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Amora
Brazil
Fortaleza
Ceará
flag msg tools
mb
Probably the player was deaf, and they developed an alternative for him.

I would also like more detail, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloAmora wrote:
Probably the player was deaf, and they developed an alternative for him.

I would also like more detail, please.

As the current game does not include the mission cards and the current ones online in english are have an error making them incomplete. A set from the oop edition was provided most generously.

Edit. I had orginaly asked for the pdf simply to be corrected, that would have sufficed. CGE went the extra step when they did not have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Konata wrote:
That's wonderfully vague.

Perhaps, but it is probably a personal situation that doesn't need to be explained to the forums.

I doubt Scott would lie about it, and it is good to know that CGE is a class operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
As the current game does not include the mission cards and the current ones online in english are have an error making them incomplete. A set from the oop edition was provided most generously.

Sorry if I'm being thick but why did this problem with the mission cards only effect one player in your group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Taylor
England
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
atraangelis wrote:

Sorry if I'm being thick but why did this problem with the mission cards only effect one player in your group?

I would guess Scott's version is non-english and he had a friend who wanted to join the group who was english literate only and couldn't read the version Scott has. Hence the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh wow..
Never thjought this would go in that direction.

I own the new edition of the game that does not include the cards that came with the first edition.

A player in one of my groups has a hearing deficiency. We have a large timer we setup on an I-pad(called "Game Time") so he can see when we are going through the mission he can ply along using the cards that we printed out.

BUT, when we got to mission 2-3 in the PDF.. it was missing in the English pdf(take a look you will see its a repeat of 2-2). SO as a result the player could not play along on this mission. A few weeks ago i posted in the SC forums asking for a photocopy of the 2-3 mission. I would have been more than happy for a scan or simply wait for the PDF to be fixed, i had send a email to CGE letting them know of the error. We simply would have played on skipping 2-3.

CZECH games contacted me as a result of that post and going beyond provided me a set of the now OOP cards. Now my friend can play 2-3 with us instead having to sit it out..

My initial post was simply to bring attention to CGE for going above and beyond customer service and not to bring attention to my own or friends issue but apparently i was mistaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.