Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can searches be done on any space, or do certain chapters require specific items to be found on specific spaces? Chapter one shows the helmet with the Tinkerer's Treasure card on it. Do I have to be there to find it? Chapter two shows the toad stools with catnip. Do I have to be on those spaces to find that item, or can I be anywhere and just search for the catnip card if I roll successfully?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, you perform a search anywhere and, if successful, take the top card from the deck.

On spaces where the story indicates there is a special search, that is sometimes located on a space (your example of the mushrooms and helmet are cases like this) whilst on others the special search occurs anywhere in the room. The scenario text clarifies this in each case.

This is my understanding fro memory (don't have rules on me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Thanks so much for the assistance. Game is in progress... Tilda is in trouble... gotta go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it that the first search on a tile found the special search item regardless of what space they were on in the tile. Maybe that was right (I thought I red that in another thread) or maybe it was wrong, but it was easier, especially considering there is no real game master and we all know where the special item is anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario book tells you on which spaces you can perform a special search. Sometimes that is any space, sometimes a section of the board, or sometimes a single space. So, it depends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.