United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post it again at the bottom, but for those curious, here it is!
Kickstarter Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/battlecon-d...

For the past year, we've been working hard on the sequel to BattleCON: War of Indines. Now, we're just about ready to show it to the world! Devastation of Indines is coming to kickstarter next week!

For those unfamiliar with the first BattleCON game, BattleCON is a head to head dueling card game that is inspired by the action and tactics of a 2D fighting video game. Each player takes on a unique character and does battle with an opponent.

What's different about BattleCON?
What sets BattleCON apart from the crowd of dueling games is the Unique Ability system. Each character possesses a unique mechanic that lets them alter the game and play with new strategies that aren't available to anyone else. For example, one character can utilize a set of different stances, another has specific gear that can be broken and fixed, and another has traps he can set across the field to trip up opponents. These unique mechanics mean that you'll have to adopt a whole new strategy and frame of mind when playing as and against each different character.

The first BattleCON game launched to rave reviews, scoring #4 on Tom Vasel's best games of 2011 list, and becoming the top ranked kickstarted board game on BGG (among games with over 100 rankings).

(War of Indines is ranked second highest among all kickstarted games with over 100 rankings right now, as Sentinels of the Multiverse just overtook us a month or two ago).

What's New?
This time, we want to top everything we did in the first game and improve on the original BattleCON formula with tons of new content and higher quality components:
- 18 New Characters (+ more stretch characters)
- Consistent Quality Artwork for all characters by our team of awesome artists
- A larger game board, about 10 times as big as the original. Life spinners and time tracking spinners.
- Integrated storage for character kits, and a larger box
- New play modes that expand the game for up to 5 players, as well as let you play non-competitively with a team of friends or alone.
- Multi-part Arenas that create evolving game dynamics.
...and even more!

Every part of the original game has been looked at and subjected to an intense scrutiny: "how can we make this even more awesome?"

18 completely new Characters!

Expanded Game Board for bigger battles and special modes!

Multi-part arenas!

Massive 4v1 Boss Battles!

'Mascot Characters' -- new promotional characters with a neat twist!

Strikers, a Bonus small-box Expansion!

Why Kickstarter?
We're going to kickstarter with the game, first of all because printing this much stuff is pretty expensive. But second, because we want to do even more than all this. I feel confident that we have a winning game, but what I really want to do is go above and beyond even these plans.

With the stretch goals we've set, we can have new characters, more play modes, and even more exciting "outside the box" extras. The idea is to make Devastation as jam-packed with playability and variety as we can, and using kickstarter allows us to break the limits on what can normally be done with a game this size.

But don't take my word for it...
So, whether you're a die-hard fan of the original game or whether you're interested in picking up an exciting new head-to-head game with limitless replayability, BattleCON: Devastation of Indines might be the game you've been waiting for.

I say 'might' because I'd like you to try it out and decide for yourself. Our goal at Level 99 is not to blindly sell games, but to get people a game they know they're going to love. With that in mind, we've put together a print-and-play edition that contains 4 of the new characters from Devastation and an easy-to-follow learn-to-play comic. We'd love for you to print it up and give it a shot. If you like it, I hope that you'll back Devastation and help us to make this the most awesome kickstarter game yet!

Thanks for taking the time to read up on the game, and I look forward to posting the link to our new project very soon!

Kickstarter Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/battlecon-d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I know what I'm going to ask my wife to get me this Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly every character and new mode seems amazing. I really want it. Sounds amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Testy Testerson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep throwing my wallet at my screen, but so far my copy hasn't come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait! What's the start date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the free iOS version and I am looking forward to this kickstarter to pick up both editions. This is the kind of game that can easily be played for hundreds of hours. Each character demands a different way of approaching the game (as does each opponent), this is a purely brilliant game.

Yes, I do feel like a quote from an advert, but this game is that good. Try it out on iOS and then wonder why you aren't playing this with your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
Can't wait! What's the start date?

Middle of next week--as soon as we get the video and a few last graphics finished up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So about the comic-book-style intro to the rules...

Is there a way to add little unobtrusive numbers to the speech bubbles to help put them in sequence? There were several times when it took me a while to figure out which piece of text was supposed to come next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
So about the comic-book-style intro to the rules...

Is there a way to add little unobtrusive numbers to the speech bubbles to help put them in sequence? There were several times when it took me a while to figure out which piece of text was supposed to come next.

I can try to organize it a little better, if you want to send me a geekmail and point out specific problems. Most of the text is intended to make sense even out of order, but I'd like to make it as intelligible as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I've yet to play the first one (it's due to arrive soon with the mini game library) but this looks amazing. My pledging finger is ready and waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've so been waiting for this. Any idea how much international shipping is going to be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully there'll be a way to add a microgame or two to our pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this game work with the original game? Can you use the original characters with this game? Or is this a completely separate game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
How does this game work with the original game? Can you use the original characters with this game? Or is this a completely separate game?

It is a standalone that is fully compatible with the original game. You can mix them together for even more possibilities!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded the preview already. Seeing it now, I kinda regret not taking part on the developement stage. Seems like I'll have to rework some stuff I was planning before.

Well, it will be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Swanhart
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
When can we expect the Kickstarter to go up?

I need to give you my money now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
OchiChernye wrote:
When can we expect the Kickstarter to go up?

I need to give you my money now!

We are shooting for tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping you will do a full 60 day KS so I can amass the $$$ for this. I haven't played the first one so if there is an option to kickstart this for both War and Devestation I'm so going to do it.

I hope you have a very successful KS for this. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
We're setting up for a 40 day Kickstarter (until mid-January) You'll be able to get both games together as a single pledge, definitely
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your website includes PnP option would your campaign also include those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we will have a PnP option on the kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
This just in:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
This just in:

We wants it, precious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Swanhart
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Oh mah gawd single player!?

Is there anything Level 99 cannot do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.