Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are 2 sides, this means that if you want the game to be expanded for both players, you would only need to buy one of each expansion right? There are no neutral cards that can be used for both sides, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there are no cards that are shared between Corps and Runners. You only need to buy one. Both sides have their own difference Neutral cards, thus meaning you only need double of everything unless you wanted to both have a Corp and a Runner deck.

I'd still buy two core sets regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
No, there are no cards that are shared between Corps and Runners. You only need to buy one. Both sides have their own difference Neutral cards, thus meaning you only need double of everything unless you wanted to both have a Corp and a Runner deck.

Great, thanks! Are there any other ccg/lcgs like this aside from this and Star Wars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight has six LCG games right now. Be sure to look at Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings if you're in to coop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
Fantasy Flight has six LCG games right now. Be sure to look at Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings if you're in to coop.

I meant ones with 2 sides that do not have neutral cards that are shared. Sorry for not being clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the new Star Wars would be, but I'm not positive on that. I don't know about the Warhammer one either.

Quick way to check would be to go to www.cardgamedb.com and use their deck builder for whatever game and set it to Neutral filter and see.

I know LoTR doesn't have very many shared Neutral cards, it has 4 different sides. It's a 1-4 player coop game though.

I provide the cards for my all my friends as well, so I understand why you're asking. Just got into Netrunner last week and so far it's got exactly what you're looking for with no shared cards between the different sides. Plus, it's extremely unique and fun. It's also new so it would be easy for you to get into with little investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
jcourtney wrote:

Great, thanks! Are there any other ccg/lcgs like this aside from this and Star Wars?

I think WH: invasion is pretty much like that, there are "order" and "destruction" (or something like that) but there might be a few cards that work for both sides (I know there are neutral cards but I don't know if they all have text like "order only"). You could play order vs order (unlike Android) but I think it would work really well as a "split game" between two people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars has separate neutrals for Light and Dark side. No cards are shared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warhammer Invasion has shared neutral cards (some are order/destruction only though). Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, and Call of Cthulhu all have shared neutral cards

Star Wars does not share any neutral cards

You can view full spoilers for every LCG at CardGameDB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.