Subject: Flame Wall spell card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just wondering, if I play the Flame Wall spell using red+black mana, and I'm attacking a city with 4 tokens which I split into 2 combats(2 tokens each).
Do I get just +4 or +8=
I guess just +4 right?=)
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not sure what you mean by '2 combats'.

You have to deal with all enemies active in the combat in each relevant phase.

For the stronger effect of Flame Wall, you will get +8 if you are facing four enemies. However, the normal rules for dividing Attack or Block values still apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+8.
It doesn't matter how many enemies you stack as a target of the spell.
But remember that you only get Fire Block 15 against 1 single enemy attack.
(having in mind the expansion - against 1 single attack )

And Alex is right. You are not making two combats.
You are creating two strikes against 2 enemies each in just 1 combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm maybe then I don't get the multiple combats thingy.
If I face a city with 4 tokens, and once I see them, I say, I want to split those 4 tokens in 2 fights.
First will be the siege phase, and that damge will go just againts those 2 tokens, then block etc...

Then, once again, I'll face the other 2 tokens starting again with siege etc....right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:
If I face a city with 4 tokens, and once I see them, I say, I want to split those 4 tokens in 2 fights.
First will be the siege phase, and that damge will go just againts those 2 tokens, then block etc...

Then, once again, I'll face the other 2 tokens starting again with siege etc....right?

No, it's all one fight. The only "splitting" you can do, is in the siege/ranged phase and in the attack phase: you can combine monsters into groups to hit a group with one big attack. If you do that, the group all gain each others' top icons (fortification and resistances).

During block phase and assign damage phase, each monster must be dealt with individually (still all one fight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:

No, you fight them all at once:

1) First, you do ranged/siege attacks.
--- You can combine attacks as you like
2) Second, you block (or take damage from) ALL remaining enemies, unless they are prevented from attackning
--- Each attack is handled separately, you cannot combine them.
3) Third, you do melee attacks.
--- You can combine attacks as you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.