Up Front» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Scenario C - One-man Pillbox? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Mackenzie
France
Penne
flag msg tools
Just wondered if anybody had had success with just sticking one token blighter in the BOX, and keeping 2 decent firegroups in A and C?
You could even place the LMG in the Box for extra fp. I've only ever played this a few times and as the rules say you can have a max of 3 men in there, I've always stuck in 3 men. But I got to wonder.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sometimes putting the LMG in the pillbox hampers the defender's ability to use the larger Fire cards. I've used the one- or two-man box several times, but much also depends on how the attacker advances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Miner
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought at the start of a game a group must contain at least two men no more than ten,,,,,you could transfer out I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mackenzie
France
Penne
flag msg tools
Ah, yes, silly boy - it would have to contain a minimum of two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chandler Braswell
United States
Biloxi
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Two to start, yes but since A & C are probably not going to move anyway transfers are easy. I would be wary of a one man defense in the box because if he goes, game over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As pointed out, leaving one man in the box risks a quick loss.

Also the defender has 2 fewer men than in the basic squad. (Except Italians who have 3 fewer.)

Tough to form 2 firebases with Germans or British with only 8 men, leaving one in the box. Even the 10 men Americans and French will find it difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.