United States
South Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest secret agent in the world!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stock Car Championship Racing

This is a little card game made by a tiny (one-man?) operation in VA. Each player has a driver deck, which allows him or her to pass, pull away, challenge, draft, etc. other drivers. There's a track deck, which drives the game by counting off the laps raced and events. During a turn all players must make the lap count (the number of laps on the most recently flipped track card) and then are free to take actions with their remaining cards. The limit to the actions in our games was 4, minus the number of cards needed to fulfill the lap count requirements.

We discovered that this game was not really meant for 3 players. For much of the game there was a lot of jockeying for position, but that was pretty irrelevant, as the winner would be determined in the last 3 or 4 turns. I held the lead for much of the game, until the end where both Brian and Marty passed me. It was the first time I had been in last place. Brian held Marty and I off when he played a Two-Wide card and neither Marty nor I had any cards that would allow us to pass.

This game seemed to drag a little bit, and like I said most of our jockeying was largely irrelevant. But I can see some potential here. The tension notched up quite a bit towards the end. Also we were playing it wrong through about half of the game which would've changed things quite a bit and introduced a lot more hand management. With 4 or more players I can see where all the jockeying would be much more important. In the last few turns there's only so much positional movement you can make (i.e. going from last to first would be quite a feat).

Also some of the advanced rules looked neat, introducing Pit Stops to replenish your limited draw deck (we just reshuffled ours), use of new variables during passes/challenges, etc.

Worth a retry, but next time I'll play it with at least 4.

Final positions
1st: Brian
2nd: Marty
3rd: Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.