Subject: Let's talk Warlock! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spider Jerusalem
United States
Saratoga
California
flag msg tools
Due to a distributer snafu I won't get my hands on the game until Monday. As I'm going out of state Wednesday, I'm cutting it close (and if anyone in the San Jose, CA area knows of a store with the hook up let me know please)!

That being said, the character I wanted most to see a preview of probably won't get one until Wednesday and I'll be gone for another two weeks. That aside I'm sure I'm not the only curious party here. For those lucky ones with the game, how are the skills/talents for this character? We've seen a few cards in the rules and the character seems to have a lot of diversity. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about the character and how they've performed on the board. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Konieczka
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone posted lots of info here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a full game that went all 30 rounds and ended with a PvP showdown tonight. I was the Warlock.

It's a powerful class. I was rolling a dice pool of 7 blue and 6 green dice (I got an amulet that let me roll 3 greens as long as I wasn't rolling any red dice). My re-roll value was also pretty high, anywhere from 3-6 depending on what powers I kicked in by spending energy.

I chose talents that increased my maximum health, and the health of my summoned demon, which also made me pretty hardy in combat and able to take a good amount of damage.

My role in the group battles was to supply the armor and ranged hits, while my teammate (Paladin) had some solid melee and attrition values to get damage through. It was a good team, and we won the game by defeating the Druid/Mage combo the Horde players fielded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.