Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Boykin
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy (Linster2005) has Aggression gene. He attacked one of my amoeba in Phase 5 by paying 1 BP.

I have the Escape, Movement 1, and Streamlining genes.

I want to drift away by using Escape. Is this legal or must I use the Movement 1 gene to escape his attack?

Can Escape be used all by its self, without a movement gene?

Is the owner of Aggression limited to one attempt or one successful attack?

If a person owned Escape and Movement 1, would he have to pay 1 BP to use each? Or does paying the 1 BP for using Escape cover the cost to avoid attack?

Thanks to all who help answer these questions and apologies if the answer is right in front of my nose. I checked two FAQs and remained confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Boykin
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After talking with my other two players, we decided that a person with Escape pays 1 BP to roll a movement die...but cannot drift.

When using other genes in addition to Escape, we believe that the intent of the rules is such that it costs extra BP to use Move 1/2, Speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Aglar wrote:
If a person owned Escape and Movement 1, would he have to pay 1 BP to use each? Or does paying the 1 BP for using Escape cover the cost to avoid attack?

My interpretation: Paying 1 BP for Escape lets you roll the die to determine which direction you try to escape towards. Movement 1 lets you roll two dice instead, and you don't have to pay a second BP to use Movement 1. Once you've paid to roll the die, Movement 1 kicks in automatically. Same for Movement 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.