Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Pool
United States
Carmel Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...when there's the Mattel Game Finder!!!

http://mattelgamefinder.com robot

all your games are belong to us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, Matel says I should play "Scene it?" and BGG says Puerto Rico.

Hmmm, decisions...decisions....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I put in my search criteria it didnt' reaturn a single game for me. I guess I don't get to play.

Or I'm not enough of a zombie

Or perhaps a robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However thinking about it. Maybe the geek needs a search like this. Something between Advanced search and Quick search. Put in a few criteria and it will recommend 5 games that fit. People ask questions like that all the time in geek lists. What is a good game for X? Just use the game matchmaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Graf
Germany
East of Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
The selections listed under "adult" games make me weep.
No Busen Memo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
soblue they chose a 'rock' for ME! I'm getting the ''Mr. Brick-'O'-Toss'' set AND sending it BACK!angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Ochs
United States
Jackson
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Gab was number one for Adult games, no special occasion, and all price ranges. I guess that kind of correlates to the recent Hot Games list here on BGG.

Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they just haven't gotten their shipment of Caylus in yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, no! My search returned no results (Playing and Giving, Board, Adult, all prices). I guess that means I don't like games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I neeed BGG. It is only slighty less important than oxygen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More importantly, who wears short shorts?

goldencamel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The choices are all basically, ummm... kid stuff, aren't they? Adults do play games, right?

Preschool - Fun & Growing ... nope. Not me.

Fun for the Family ... I supposed so, but I don't play most of my games with my family...

On The Go - Well, most of the time I play at a fixed location. Sometimes I play when I'm traveling, but most of the time, I play when I get where I'm going. Now, there was that time when a friend and I played repeated games of Filthy Rich when it first came out, in the car as we made our way from Denver to the Grand Canyon. I was driving, so we stuck cards in slots in the dash and such, and he ran the notebook for us... but this probably isn't what they mean. I wonder if Travel SoC will come up? I doubt it.

Playing and Giving - So far this is the closest fit. But it sounds suspiciously like something you'd measure a kindergartener on, eh? Little Russey plays and gives very nicely with the other children.

Kids - Friends & Heroes - I have no idea what this might mean. Kids who are friends and heroes? Are we playing with heroic kids? Or friends who are kids? Are these games for the kids from the Superfriends?

Fun Time with Friends - Okay, maybe this is it. This is why I play. Fun Time with Friends!

Learning Time - I always learn when I play. But this sounds like a trick to get me to learn some schoolish stuff.

Birthdays - Playing/Giving - The only game I recall that only got played at Birthdays was something about putting pins in defenseless donkeys. Except for that one who kicked all the kids that one time. That was funny. (Hey, is sisteray's "Jingles" really a donkey?)

Entertaining the Kids - I assume whilst the adults go do something else? But what will they do?

Bad Weather Day - I'd hate to restrict my game playing to only days when the weather is bad. Besides, who defines bad? I live in Florida. If you don't mind the heat and humidity, hurricanes are really the only problem. I have played games during hurricanes.

Picnics/BBQs - I do like to play outside.

None - Naturally, it is the last one on the list. I knew it. No particular occasion, playing games is just what I do.

Okay, Game Type...
Board (or Card) - Covers most of the games I play, but check out this other type:

Mobile - Is that like a mobile phone? Or is it like a mobile (like Calder's mobiles - I'm a big fan) that you somehow play a game on... I've always imagined playing a game on a mobile. Or maybe this is a game that you move around a lot when you play? I bet they are talking about "On The Go", in which case, isn't this redundant? Unless you combined "Birthday Party" with "Mobile", in which case isn't that like those pub crawls I've heard about? I doubt you can maintain continuity with a birthday party on the go and trying to play a game, too...

Okay, I prefer Board games... so I'll pick that.

Age Group - I do read the minimum age on most of my games. Strangely enough, almost all of them can be played by 12 year olds, and many of them by children much younger. I could choose All Ages. Surely the good people at Mattel know what's best for family gaming.

Price? - Not entirely an issue, for a game enthusiast like me. If they have a game that I'd like, I'll buy it...

Oh boy... what will I get? What will I get?

"It's almost play time! Here are the games that are just right for you."

Lordy, Lordy... 8 pages of games to choose from! Coolness abounds! I'm set!!

Hrrmm... Hmmm? Ahhh...

Well, I've heard of these games before, somewhere... some of them anyway, but check out the ones I've never heard of:
Lots of "Scene-It" - looks like it requires a DVD player, though... Don't have one. Don't even have a TV... Geez! There are pages and pages of Scene-it... somehow, I sort of thought the whole point of playing games was, to some extent, to get away from the TV, but here's a how genre that at least appears to be about playing with your TV. Ahh... the TV. Best Friend of the People! Won't work for me, though...

Barbie Guess The Look:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/15714
Hey, no one on BGG even owns this one! I could be the first! Whoohoo! Wait... someone took pictures of it...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Gialmere
But that person doesn't have any games, so maybe they just took pictures of someone else's copy. I wonder if I can review it?

Robot Sweeper Escape: OMG! This one isn't even in the database at BGG!!! And we call ourselves a community of fans of games! I can check BoardGameSearch and find the best price!

Hrrmm.... Nope... Nope... "Your search found nothing." "Sorry, no products matched your search." "There is no game that matches the search criteria."

Wait: "Here are the products matching your search terms, "Robot Sweeper Escape"" SCORE! But... umm... it isn't one of those... Ultimate Sucking Vacuum is, and something called RoboRally, but not this game, which promises incredible fun...

NOOO! Not even Ebay?
"0 items found for Robot Sweeper Escape in Games"

Wait, this must be one of those ultra rare gems. I'll be the envy of all if I score this first! I'll have to place an order right now...

You know, looking at this list, it reminds me of a comment a read recently, and now I know EXACTLY what this person was talking about:

Quote:
i don't find it plausible that there was some momentous development in the last ten years that revolutionized board games.

It looks like a momentous development has occurred that has revolutionized board games. It has happened. And we somehow missed it. Thank goodness Mattel is watching out for us!

Okay, who can be the first to get Robot Sweeper Escape? And post it? And rate it highly?

Whew...

That was fun.

Thanks for indulging me!

Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
The selections listed under "adult" games make me weep.

Not one entry for Card/Adult...

Nothing?

Something seems very wrong.

Or maybe it is just that Mattel doesn't make card games for adults?

None for 12 & Up, either...

None for 6-11...

None for under 6...

Actually, no card games at all, even for "all ages".

I thought Mattel made Uno. Surely, they'd want to push it on their site...

Oh, wait... I messed up... blush

I'd typed "Carcassonne" in search criteria and forgot I did it...

Okay, it is official. There are definitely NO card games made by Mattel that have anything at all to do with Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It apparently uses the same search technolgy that a dating service used to try to match me up with a 36 year old pre-op transgendered man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poking around that site, I stumbled across this single still from their Uno Attack commercial... It looks to me like this poor woman is being assassinated by the friggin' game! Someone call a doctor, NOW! http://mattelgamefinder.com/images/tv_thumb01.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It apparently uses the same search technolgy that a dating service used to try to match me up with a 36 year old pre-op transgendered man.

I guess we were just not meant for each other. But don't make it that public.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Searching with the keyword "Strategy" returned:

BALDERDASH

Now that's a strategy game I can really sink my teeth into but it may be a bit too much of a brainburner for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poochie D
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Am I the only one getting sick of these OMG THEY HAVNET' HEARD FO POWER GIRD!!!!!!!!!11111LOLOLOL threads? There's the metafilter thread, the Go! Game Store thread, and now this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Whoever Wins, We Lose"

No idea who made the source image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh, probably not, but I think we should have a stereotypical intervention about how out of touch we are from popular culture on all those threads, complete with CAPITAL LETTERS and bizaere spulkling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
woodoo03 wrote:
Quote:

I guess we were just not meant for each other. But don't make it that public.

cool

Call me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.