Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it is the same in the US but here in the UK the adverts are out for Christmas. The thing is that it is all the same games as ever getting advertised: Monopoly, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, etc. I sit here and think Hasbro have recently released some great games that I would absolutely have loved to receive when I was young like Heroscape and Attacktix. I wonder why they don't advertise these instead of just reminding people of the exsistence of games they have played before and probably still got on their shelves. I'm surprised they don't even consider marketing the likes of Magic: the Gathering at this time of year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Tharme
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was pleased to see an ad in the local paper where the big stationery shop in town was recommending the Swedish version of Ingenious as one of their Christmas gift ideas. It might not be the most complex gamer's game, but it's nice to see something other than the usual boring stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Read
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw an advert for Heroscape on one of the Sky channels a while ago. My girlfriend was talking to me at the time but when I saw it was on, I said "DO NOT TALK" to her while staring at the screen! I'm surprised she didn't give me more grief for being so rude!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cackler
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it would be cool to see 'better' games advertised any time of year but especially during the Holidays. But since most games are given as gifts, this is the time of year to encourage people to purchase those 'good ol fashioned games' shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.