Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon+, Michael, Gili, Nadine

Reading the rules while trying to set up and play. The rules are easy enough that I don't think we made too many mistakes.

First impression: better than For Sale. WThe game relies heavily on blind bidding, and it works ok. Even though the mechanisms are all blind, they are not really bidding. The first "bid", choosing which activity to take part in, isn't bidding at all, but if you are lucky enough to be the only one doing it, you can make a clean sweep (usually). The second bidding is rock/paper/scissors, but, like Knizia games, different things are differently valued to each person at different times.

Second impression: repetitive. It's not that the bidding is so much repetitive - as you run out of certain cards, and as your hand changes, you feel like you are playing from different positions, so that is not repeptitive. But the physical mechanics of picking cards and placing them face down - that is repetitive. It would have been nicer to find some way to do this with a few less rounds, and a few more mechanics.

Third impression: fun. We went back and forth about whether this was really a strategic game or just all about the luck, and I think we feel it is a strange mixture of both. Luck, of course, but there are different paths to choose, and times when you feel like you definitiely have a better position. And fun - it is fun watching three people play thieves in one round, resulting in a big zero gain for all involved. We looked forward to playing it again. Of course, one has to wonder how many times one can actually enjoy a game like this before it is played out. We'll find out.

I ended up with the best collection by stealing it close to the end of the game. I ended up tied on the same spot as Michael, winning by virtue of the tie going to best collection. Gili had had the best collection for most of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.