Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules it says the helicopter moves drops off guys to battle and then the guys can go with it to it's final destination if they survive, so my question is, does the helicopter move then you wait for the attack phase to attack and then it moves again before the movement phase?

or

Does it mean that you move and attack during movement phase?

if the second half is true, can you add guys to the battle via limo as well?

Side question: is there a maximum number of people that can be on a property spot on the board so like can I have 20 hitman and 30 thugs covering my boss with a penthouse? (an extereme example)

thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Swart
United States
Moscow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you have misread the battle and movement sections of the game. Helicopters can move, after a fight, BUT ONLY the helicopter, not the passengers.

Take a look at the example on the PLAY NOW! chart.

BTW: Ther is no maximum in a district territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that although Eagle Games rulebooks go to great lengths to describe trivial things in great detail, like how to roll dice in combat, they tend to be vague on some of the more important rules issues. Your question is another of those.

As far as I can tell from what I've read and how it seems like it should work, I'd have worded the rules a little more like this. I don't know if it's what was intended, but it makes a lot of sense and is much clearer:

Helicopters do not participate in an attack, period. They fly around and they can drop off personel. Then, after that's done, you might have personel in an opponent's district, in which case they'd fight.

I don't know what the business is about participating in an attack and then moving one (a fly-by shooting?), but it's not consistant with the Limo rules or any of the other combat or movement rules in the game. I believe it also allows a unit to attack twice in a turn, which seems contrary to other rules as well.

I'd go as far as to say that the game ought to be organized as follows - it's not a far cry frm other games of its type:
1. Combat movement: Move any units you want into opponents' districts. You can move through your own districts, or through/into empty enemy districts (taking control of them as you go). Moving through/into friendly territory without moving into an opponent's territory is Non-Combat movement, and cannot be done during Combat Movement. Note, a Helicopter can move during combat movement to drop off a unit into an enemy's territory during Combat Movement.
2. Resolve Combat: Any location which, after all Combat Movement is done, contains units belonging to 2 different players, resolve combet (i.e. roll dice until someone is dead, dead, dead).
3. Non-Combat Movement: Move any units through or into friendly territory. Vehicles can move through enemy territory as long as their destination is friendly. Any player may allow another player to pass or enter their territory on friendly terms - and since this is non-combat movement, there's no fight.
4. Collect income and buy stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way the turn is organized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burton
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On page 22 "A Helicopter may be used t attack OR pick/up drop off personnel along its route to a final landing destination.

I take it that either attack or non attact movement.

when it says "however, you decide if the personnel'step into' that district or ride to final destination."

I take it that means during non attack movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.