Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gautier R
Belgium
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A while ago is saw on the RGG -site that there was a reprint planned for the El Grande expansions but now i don't see it anymore.
Any idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the dougster
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I noticed this too.

Perhaps they are waiting to see how the release of the reprinted El Grande sells before they commit to a reprint of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gautier R
Belgium
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay said:
The expansions will be included in the reprint of El Grande!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Forza wrote:
Jay said:
The expansions will be included in the reprint of El Grande!
Well that bites for those of us who already have a copy of El Grande Though possibly a very good deal for those that don't as the reprint for the expansions had an MSRP of $27.95 by itself, and the MSRP for the reprint of the base game is still looking like it's MSRP will be $39.95.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I still see the Expansions at a couple of the FLGS that I go to. Look around, you should find a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
I still see the Expansions at a couple of the FLGS that I go to. Look around, you should find a copy.
Given most FLGS charge MSRP, it would actually be cheaper to buy the reprint (online for 35% off) that includes both the expansions and the full base game That assumes of course Jay doesn't up the MSRP...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I e-mailed Rio Grande to ask if the reprint of the expansion will be compatible with the earlier printing of the game (I lucked into the game itself in a FLGS during the fall, but foolishly did not pick up the one copy of the expansion that they had). Jay replied "The new game/expansions should be completely compatible with the old."

That's great -- can't wait until the expansion comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
McCoy Pauley wrote:
So I e-mailed Rio Grande to ask if the reprint of the expansion will be compatible with the earlier printing of the game (I lucked into the game itself in a FLGS during the fall, but foolishly did not pick up the one copy of the expansion that they had). Jay replied "The new game/expansions should be completely compatible with the old."

Am I missing somthing? I thought they weren't reprinting the expansions but instead including them only with the full game.

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
b5mith wrote:
McCoy Pauley wrote:

Am I missing somthing? I thought they weren't reprinting the expansions but instead including them only with the full game.

Ben

Back in January, it appeared that RGG was planning to reprint the El Grande expansions separately from the game (i.e., two reprints -- one of El Grande, one of the expansions). Several months later it became apparent that RGG is reprinting El Grande and the expansions together in a single game (the Decennial Edition) -- there is not going to be any separate reprint of the expansions.

This is the only thing being reprinted:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/22439

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's a heck of a shame that my old copy of El Grande will be devalued
Anyone have a copy of the expansion they want to sell/donate? lol

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b5mith wrote:
Anyone have a copy of the expansion they want to sell/donate?

Stand in line I also bought my copy of the base game at a FLGS moving sale last year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I could use it as a kitty litter tray.. When I get a cat that is ninja

Wait, it's not even good for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
b5mith wrote:
Anyone have a copy of the expansion they want to sell/donate? lol

Ben

I ended up picking up the expansion back in the early spring from someone planning to get the reprint when it came out. While I don't regret doing so (since I've been able to play the expansions since then, and the reprint isn't out yet), at this point, the reprint is I believe on its way to stores, and you can probably get the whole Decennial Edition for not much more than the old, stand alone expansions will cost you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
McCoy Pauley wrote:
and you can probably get the whole Decennial Edition for not much more than the old, stand alone expansions will cost you.

That's true. At least I'll have a spare copy of the King pawn for when I wear that sucker out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.