Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiousity, what was the reasoning for not including a third peg of each of the new team colors? That way you have two yardage markers and a score marker, just like the base game. The cost difference couldn't have been *that* significant, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the yellow peg is intended to be the first down marker, and the team's colored peg to show the position of the ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the expansion myself and was curious why there is only 2 pegs as well. There should be 3 in order to "properly" play the game. My friend and I just substituted one of the other pegs for our scoring, so it's no big deal of course. However, it would've been nice to keep the color scheme for all 3 pegs in order to avoid a possible mistake in scoring. Besides this minor "mistake", we LOVE the game and can't get enough of it! I can't thank the Smith's enough for such a satisfying and intensely fun game!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Except for that damned peg problem it is a good light play game.

I would also rather they had made the holes for ball position on the field a straight line instead of the serpentine thing that it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
tloomis wrote:
I think the yellow peg is intended to be the first down marker, and the team's colored peg to show the position of the ball.

This is exactly right. Having both yardage pegs be the same color leaves open the possibility of forgetting which direction you are heading - particularly if anything pulls you away from the game in time. Besides, your team isn't in two places at the same time - the colored peg is your team, the yellow peg is the first down line (as seen on tv). Simple.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davis
United States
Tri Cities
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were only curious why there were only two colored team pegs? There should be three afterall. One for the score track and two for yardage markers. It's no big deal, but it would've been nice to have a third one. Take it easy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
JackCrap66 wrote:
One for the score track and two for yardage markers.

Um...yes, except for the fact that you only need one for the yardage marker as the ohter one is represented by the yellow first-down marker. Just like on TV. As stated above. In multiple other posts.

If you'd demanded that you need a same-color peg for the Time Out track maybe you'd have something, but saying that both yardage markers should be the same color is simply not correct.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Phlegm wrote:

I would also rather they had made the holes for ball position on the field a straight line instead of the serpentine thing that it is.

The serpentine pattern serves two purposes. First, it makes for relatively easy counting as each peak is 10 pegs apart. Second, had it been a straight line the box would have needed to be bigger else the close perforation created by the holes would have easily torn.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the yellow peg is to mark the first down line. However, two yardage markers of the same color is a big plus so that you can easily count out a location without risking losing your place. This works just like in cribbage.

For example, when receiving a kickoff, the kicking team rolls the 3 black dice and I place one of my yardage markers where it lands. Then I roll my 5 white dice and more my second yardage marker that many spaces ahead. Then if I have any bonus rolls, I make those, and then use my first yardage maker.

Is it vital? No, but it sure beats accidentally losing your place and trying to backtrack three dice rolls.

The serpentine path is a big plus to me. It makes counting off "tens" during larger plays much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.