Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK... now that I've got your attention.

Look who's debuted @ #84

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/17419

And more importantly with an average rating of 9.3 should this be considered even an "expansion" to Settlers since it doesn't have different rules. Why not have an entry for each version of Acquire, then?

Your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Villemaire
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blush

I can't believe you got me with that title!!! I was half-hoping that the famous MTG lady was converted to Caylus devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
My thoughts are, I feel ripped off at your subject, I want my money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb

Who cares, not enough people are going to own it or play it to bring the rating that much higher. It's still just settlers, a pretty settler's, but the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Butler
United States
Marshall
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is Settlers. It should not get it's own entry. Now don't even get me started on all the versions of Monopoly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
There IS precedent. Das Wasser des Lebens (aka "Whiskey Settlers") also has its own entry. Granted the theme has drastically changed and many things have changed names (Robber -> English Occupier), but the rules are exactly the same.

I don't think it's such a big deal one way or the other. I suppose it is nice for people who wanted to read comments (or pictures) on just Luxury Settlers. Such comments would probably get lost if they were made on the Settlers page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe you all got taken in by the title. Boardgame hotties don't play Caylus. Caylus plays boardgame hotties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad its there for collection tracking purposes, if nothing else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you love a game enough to spend $400 on a deluxe version I don't think it's any surprise you would rate it a 10.

The rating vigilantes will start circling like vultures in 5, 4 , 3, 2, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! I thought this was going to be about Caylus.

Quote:
(Robber -> English Occupier)

erm, I think you'll find that is English Colonist, not Occupier.

And if I had shelled out 300 quid on a 3D settlers, I'd demand an entry for each copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonMichael Rasmus
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess my concern was that when 90 more people rate the game at an average 9.32 (including shills), it'll be number one.

I do undertsnad that info gathering and collection tracking purposes, however. But should it be listed as an "Expansion"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thread title made me suspect a link to latest sexy picture for Phoenix. But there was no such link to be found, so I'll post it:

You can also check game #9 in this list, which is where Aldie and Derk hid all the adult only pix:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ciaramella
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
i would

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I saw this earlier (when it didn't have the lead-in subject), and thought the same thing about whether or not it should have its own entry. Then I noticed that this edition of the game comes with Cities & Knights, so it IS a different game from either vanilla or expansion Settlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonMichael Rasmus
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I saw this earlier (when it didn't have the lead-in subject), and thought the same thing about whether or not it should have its own entry. Then I noticed that this edition of the game comes with Cities & Knights, so it IS a different game from either vanilla or expansion Settlers.

All right... a cogent argument, I'll back off the should it be included argument. But the Expansion classification still somewhat bothers me because you can play it out of the box. Thanks for everyone's input and I'm sorry about the, uh, prurient content of the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch...just got a bonus check....come on....I need help....talk me out of it.....don't let me order this....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crap - you guys are of no use.....now 1/3 of my check is gone....

I am sure my son will enjoy this one for years to come

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejamer wrote:
maxmaven wrote:
The thread title made me suspect a link to latest sexy picture for Phoenix. But there was no such link to be found, so I'll post it:
ImageID=106242

You can also check game #9 in this list, which is where Aldie and Derk hid all the adult only pix:

Ok, I don't get it. Not only can that picture not be found in the Phoenix entry (lists 13 pics, but only shows 12) but it can't even be clicked from here.

And the list you linked to is empty too.

That's odd about the Phoenix picture. Try this direct link, that should work (at least it is working right now): http://www.bggfiles.com/bggimages/pic106242.jpg

As for entry #9 in the GeekList mentioned above, those pix are very well hidden, and do take a bit of imagination to find.
[Edit: looks like they've just been removed by an admin, although the direct Phoenix picture link should still work]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
maxmaven wrote:
That's odd about the Phoenix picture. Try this direct link, that should work (at least it is working right now): http://www.bggfiles.com/bggimages/pic106242.jpg

As for entry #9 in the GeekList mentioned above, those pix are very well hidden, and do take a bit of imagination to find.
[Edit: looks like they've just been removed by an admin, although the direct Phoenix picture link should still work]

Nope, even the direct link to the Phoenix picture is gone. Any chance these pictures are hosted off BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like everything was cleaned up by the admins.

Now you see it, now you don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:

Hey! Don't say that, I've just finished my GL on the subject!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Nope, even the direct link to the Phoenix picture is gone. Any chance these pictures are hosted off BGG?

Robert (Kobra1) was the one who submitted the Phoenix picture, and it looks like he just posted the "Phoenix is sexy" image on his web-site under his review of Phoenix - browse to the Phoenix review from here:
http://www.boardgamespiel.com
As for the other pix, well you could check with the person who GeekListed them http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Direct link.

http://boardgamespiel.com/content/view/34/9/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that your daughter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... so... does this mean there are no sexy boardgame hotties playing strip Caylus?!?

I'm so confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.