Subject: 1st Auction must buy rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matty pilch
Canada
flag msg tools
Here is the senario.

3 Players, 1st turn,

Player A Picks a plant and Player B wins the auction. Next Player C picks a plant and wins the auction. Player A must buy a plant this phase, so does he get the same type of benefit as a last place player (ie buy a plant at face value?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snodog778 wrote:
Player A Picks a plant and Player B wins the auction. Next Player C picks a plant and wins the auction.

Wrong. If Player A is first in turn order, and chooses a plant, which Player B wins, then Player A is next to choose another plant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
snodog778 wrote:
Here is the senario.

3 Players, 1st turn,

Player A Picks a plant and Player B wins the auction. Next Player C picks a plant and wins the auction. Player A must buy a plant this phase, so does he get the same type of benefit as a last place player (ie buy a plant at face value?)

If Player A started the auction and it went to Player B, Player A starts the next auction too. If that 2nd auction went to Player C, then Player A starts the third auction as well. Because he is the only one left, he gets it at face value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule you're missing is, the person who starts the auction is the one lowest in turn order who has not won a plant this turn, not the lowest who hasn't started an auction or won a plant. So player A keeps starting auctions until he wins a plant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess I should stop being surprised... we have been playing this wrong all along in our group. I just sent them all this clarification for future plays. Thanks. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid FAQ is your friend. It is good to read it before posting rule questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.