Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I know they can enter them from Fantasy Flight's FAQ but there's no specific refrence about them leaving.

Another question that came up from reading the FAQ. If Merry or Pippen is guiding the fellowship, why can one use their ability, have the other immidiatly guide and also use his ability to reduce hunt damage by two if Gullom can't use his ability the moment he becomes the guide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Short answer: because they say so.

Long answer: because in a sequence of play that is so secret that it isn't actually published in the english language rulebook, reveal icons are resolved before hunt damage is resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rule book (page 13):

"The only restriction is that the Nazgûl can never move this way into a Region that contains a Free Peoples Stronghold, unless that Stronghold is besieged by a Shadow Army."

That is the only restriction to their movement so, yes, they can fly away from a besieged Stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Long answer: because in a sequence of play that is so secret that it isn't actually published in the english language rulebook, reveal icons are resolved before hunt damage is resolved.

Ok, this brings up a new question. What to do when a reveal icon pops up and the followship is moving out of a shadow stronghold.

I draw a tile from a successfull hunt, it's a reveal. Since reveal icons are resolved before hunt damage do I immidiatly draw another tile before resolving the first one? Or do I reveal, move, resolve hunt damage, draw another tile from stronghold and resolve that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.