Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon 486, Brendan 383, Nadine 372, Gili 239

Having compared the Menorah Game to Modern Art, I decided to play MA over Nadine's objections. She recalled it being too much thinking the last time we tried to play. There are unknown elements when you play, but it falls into a kind of pattern as you get used to it. I think it is an excellent game, better than Ra; Ra has a lovely basic mechanic and some elegance, as well, but it doesn't combine into quite as good a result.

The only major problem we had was with the double auctions. They just seemed more powerful than they should have been. I'm not sure how to fix this. I will have to play a few more times to get the feel of it before making any changes.

I ended up not winning many auctions at all, but everyone else seemed happy to pay me so much for my paintings that I wasn't complaining. In the first round, I made a lot of cash and Gili and Nadine ended with the most valuable paintings. In the second round it was also Gili, but she had paid way too much for them, even paying for her own paintings rather than accepting more generous offers. She said that she wanted to experiment with that strategy.

The third round was quick; only two artists appeared. By then, we all pretty much knew that I was doing ok. I thought Nadine was doing better than Brendan, but it turned out to be the reverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.