Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
were so many great pics of people's game collections!!! (made me feel like i don't have quite that many plus it's neat to see how games are stored, plus it's also neat to see what games people have!) Are there any more posts out there that have pics of people's boardgame collections??! Or would anyone care to add any to this thread??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Loved that thread on "how you store your games" 'cause t
I don't have any pictures but could you post a link to that original thread; sounds very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
how do i post a link???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Checkallday wrote:
I don't have any pictures but could you post a link to that original thread; sounds very interesting.

I think it's this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/87573

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you just cut and paste the link into your reply or posting.

Lets see if this works:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/87573/page/1

I too really enjoyed viewing these pics. I wish more people would submit some too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Dreifuss
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here ya go. My closet has changed since I took that picture. I have since added plastic-coated metal shelving to the door as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa! I love those collections.

Here is an article about the bookcase I built. It only shows a small portion of my collection.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/619956#619956

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
(Image with Roads and Boats under stack)

Don't crush the Roads and Boats! At least Shear Panic is on top! You gotta give those sheeples some room to roam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to post a picture of my collection,
But my digital camera doesn’t have a panoramic lens. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love these collection pics!
I store my games in the same place I work. In my home office. Where I often am stuck up to 18 hours a day.

Because there are 4 computers running in the room 24/7 it has it's own AC/dehumidifier running most of the time. No moisture/warping issues.

While sitting at my desk, if I look to my left I see:

Which is most of the smaller card games. they are stored on an old cd rack. I have a backup for this one in the garage that I got for 25 cents at a rummage sale last weekend.

If I turn and look to my right I see:

Which is most of our board games. Stored vertically. Some for a few years now. I have never had one bent board yet. Maybe the AC/dehumidifier helps. Also, taking them out as often as I can and laying them flat on a table and playing it may help.

The bad thing about sharing space with your game collection all day, while home alone working, is they are always there.. calling to you... soblue

The good thing is when stressed out, I can spin around and just stare at the games for a few minutes and remember and imagine past and future good times with friends and family. Unwind.. cool

Now for those who like these posts for the same reason I do, because they are like hanging out with a fellow geek for a minute and admiring their game collection with them.. I have posted full size versions of the images where you can read most titles.
http://www.efxweb.com/auctions/cards_big.jpg
http://www.efxweb.com/auctions/board_big.jpg

Enjoy! and keep posting those collections!
arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb

The closet is at the end of the hallway, and unfortunately the picture as taken cut-off the entire left side of the closet. We store several more in our bedroom closet as well as about twenty more in deep storage at an undisclosed location.

The games with the most play are on the lowest level shelves; the top shelf games rarely get played for one reason or another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
oh my gosh, SO glad you said that sometimes you just like to LOOK at your games and think of the fun and good times to come! Good to know that i'm not the only one... and here i thought i was... er... weird!!! hehehe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LuAnn Hensel
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love seeing pictures of game collections. Here's a picture of about 90% of mine. This is what approximately 60 games looks like. Notice that the bottom shelves are actually deep enough to hold the Hasbro games the long way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My, everyone is so tidy! I'm a slob at heart and my games are about the only things of my personal items that I put any effort into organizing, both so I can find them (well, at least most of them) and so they don't get damaged.

Here is the bulk of my boardgames...

I use utility shelves I got at Home Depot. They work great as they are very large, have nice deep 18" shelves, and are lightweight to move around and dissasemble when a move is required.

I've never logged all of my board/card games on BGG but I should have over 300.

The other half of the room...

This is really a mishmash of stuff. Some boardgames are here at the bottom but a lot of it are old RPGs stored away and the vast bulk are things for miniature wargaming. Terrain for miniatures is incredibly bulky and I've got enough buildings to cover a 6'x8' table so they take up a lot of stuff. I have plenty of miniatures that really ought to be stored away, but it's easy enough to keep them on lots of shelves.

I also have my computer projector setup for watching movies and playing the xbox, which leads to...

I've got too many games now and they are sprawling out. These big suckers from Fantasy Flight just get laid out on a spare bed along with others on my dog's kennel. I'm going to be doing a purging soon of the collection so these guys will find a proper place in the collection soon enough.

I've also got a overly lit view of Return of the King up on the wall. Turn off the lights and the whole wall is used as a screen so I get to watch dvds at a proper 8'x 3.5'!

Many, many other things are boxed away and hidden throughout the house. A new years resolution, along with my fiance's gently goading wrath, will probably see much of the strays dissapear from the Carr household.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another closet full of games (games tightly packed so i don't waste space!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, these pics are from other sites, not on BGG.

The rubber bands are gone, and those games have moved around the house...

...as have these. The best games now reside downstairs in full view to visitors.

I can't find any more recent shots online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annick Jean
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echoota wrote:
A new years resolution, along with my fiance's gently goading wrath, will probably see much of the strays dissapear from the Carr household.

Thanks for posting the pictures of tidy and organized collections guys! Keep it up - I may just have to print them out and blow them up life-size to drape over Neil's collection to create the appearance of order in the dungeon.

And the basement was much cleaner than that when I left there last week!!!
angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon, this bookcase doesn't look very steady...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.