Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Resch
Austria
St. Ulrich am Waasen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello ... yesterday night game designer Klaus Teuber has been on the german talk show "TV Total". Though it was not too exciting what was told it might be funny for some of you to watch the clip.
It's german of course ... but for all you german-rulebook-readers it's no problem at all ...

http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/components/videoplayer/0816/0816...

Have fun ... Andreas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Something to test out my skills on. I've been studying German Japanese...

crap...wrong language! Guess I should have gotten the "So You Want to Learn German" series instead of the "So You Want to Learn Japanese" set.

Oh, well...I'll still watch it and see if I can figure out anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper A
Denmark
Frederikshavn
na
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The host is talking very fast

I understood 1/4 of the words but enough to understand the whole thing.

Great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I love Stefan Raab, though I haven't watched his show since I was in Germany in 2000; I can't seem to get the video to play... is there perhaps a downloadable link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Resch
Austria
St. Ulrich am Waasen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry ... this is a streaming version of the video ... don't have any downloadable link ...

Greetings ... Andreas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Bonnermann
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

The most interesting thing for me actually wasn't what Teuber said, but Raab's behaviour during the interview. For people who don't know the show: it's actually less of a talkshow and more comedy, and the host usually doesn't restrain from making a bit of fun of his guests. But during this interview he was very disciplined and seemed genuinely interested in and impressed by Teuber's work, and Teuber left a great impression himself. I think this was great advertising for our hobby, and TV Total's ratings are not to be taken lightly. If nobody else is already working on it I'd volunteer to do an English transcript of the interview, though I probably won't get it done before Sunday.

@Scott:
Which browser are you using, and which version of WMP have you installed? I couldn't get it playing under Firefox, but if worked fine in IE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that fantastic link. I understood about 85-95% of it and it was definately positive, over all, toward the hobby. The host was a bit clueless, as could be expected I guess. I laughed out loud when he called Catan the new Chess,... even more so as he seemed to base this on the fact that it was more complex than Pachisi.

On the other hand, he was very nice and asked some good questions. They brought out some things that are often misunderstood about the hobby, like how much work goes into a game and how tough it is to live as a game deisgner if you haven't had a smash hit, like Catan.

I didn't realize Klaus was that old. I was picturing someone younger for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I finally got the video to work on my laptop -- very nice interview, Stefan Raab does certainly have a machine-gun way of speaking.

/I still want a Raab der Woche...

BTW, to see pictures of most of your favorite game designers, check out:

Games and Designers - A Photo Tribute

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Stangl
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow,
I'm shocked. Something actually interesting in Raab's show.

Thanks for the link, Andreas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If nobody else is already working on it I'd volunteer to do an English transcript of the interview, though I probably won't get it done before Sunday.

Stefan, I'd definitely love to read what Klaus Teuber had to say in the interview. I've been meaning to try to learn some German, but so far know a total of about three words. Oh, and I wouldn't even have time to read it before Sunday at the earliest. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan, if you could do a transcript, I'd love to read it. I couldn't follow it at all, except that I think they started on the fact that he was a dental technician and now Settlers has sold ten million copies? Was that the gist of it?
It looked great to me, and just in time for the weekend Xmas shopping!

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.