Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't got my game yet but from all the reading I've done on it the biggest complaint so far is the apparent lack of PvP.

I was thinking then to make it NECESSARY to PvP to advance in levels. How would it affect the game to, say, make a player defeat another (or maybe just engage them) before advancing to level 3 and again before advancing to level 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter davis
United States
roeland park
Kansas
flag msg tools
I think that would greatly slow the game down, and you are struggling as it is to make it to the boss prior to the endgame, and by loosing 1 or 2 or more turns to running (and catching) the other players, you will loose a lot of time that could be spent completeing quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Bekkering
Netherlands
Veldhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
I agree with the above poster, and I'd like to add this:

This rule would only be appropriate for the REAL DIE-HARD PvP'ers among BoardGamers, but I think you could've thought of that by yourself.

I'm not saying it's bad rule, all I'm saying is that this rule is ONLY for the die-hard PvP'ers and perhaps people who find 4 hours playtime not enough for a boardgame.

- Remus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Crawford
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad idea but the way the board is laid out it would be extremely easy to avoid someone that I knew was hunting me down. With a set movement (meaning characters don't have varying personal movement ratings) and the teleport/flight spots, you can run away fairly easily. If I knew you HAD to get one of my characters in order to advance. I'd do anything I could to make sure you could never advance.

I think the best way to make more player involvement is perhaps to introduce some event cards or quest cards that made PvP necessary or pulled characters to the same place. Basically the concept that the war cards introduce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Then what about adding a rule that, when you've qualified for levels 3 and 5, an action which would involve moving 2 spaces and attacking another character would only count as ONE action or even be free until you've defeated another character? Then you'd lose that ability (unless you were level 3 in which case you'd regain it at level 4 when you had enough XP for level 5).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.