4 Posts

Il Vecchio» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assorted newbie questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
Sometimes I’m a bit dense in learning new games and/or I read the manuals too literally. In any case I have a bunch of questions. If you are willing to wade through them below and are willing to answer any or all of them I would appreciate it.

1) When a Family member is laid down due to a town action, that family member cannot travel nor do any actions until he is reactivated. Correct?

2) The only way to Reactivate (Raise) Family members is to take the Recovery action. Correct?

3) I realize Province tiles can be used one time but can they be used on the turn that they acquired?

4) Since you can only take one Action per turn, when you use a Province tile does that count as the one Action per turn?

5) The order of placing Family members on the Florence tracks is from the center of the board to the outside of the board. The order of placing Family members on the three Province tracks is from left to right. Correct?

6) Nobility tiles. What constitutes a “set” – a word used on many of the tiles? (Two Family members on the same region track or two family members on any region track? Two Family members in the same town or two family members in any town? Three Family members in one outside region or three Family members scattered in any outside region?)

7) Nobility tiles: What constitutes the supply of Family members? (Any Family member not on the game board or all Family members including ones from your Family on the game board?)

8) One Nobility tile (“Get 3PP per set of 2 Family members in the towns”) has the additional phrase (“not on tracks, standing or lying”). Does this mean that a Family member could be lying on one of the Province or Florence tracks? If so, how could this happen? I could not find information about this issue in the manual.

9) How to use City Council tiles: An example: When I turn the following tile face up on my next turn, “Collect 2 Florins when taking 1 Follower as an Action,” I collect 2 Florins. Then every time I take any Follower as an Action, I collect 2 Florins. Correct?

10) Scoring: “3 to 10 Power Points for each of his family members in the outside regions. Does this refer to Family members just on the three Province tracks? If not, how are these family members scored?

11) Once a family member is on a Province or Florence track can they be moved off of it to another town or track? If so, what are the consequences?

12) Nobility tile: “Get a number of PP equal to the number of players for each pair of own adjacent Family members on the tracks.” If I have 3 adjacent Family members on a track can I use the middle one to score 2 pairs such that in a two player game I would score 4 PP? Likewise for the tile “Get 3PP per set of 2 Family members per set on a regions track:” I have 3 Family members on a regions track. Would I get 6PP for using the middle Family member twice to create 2 sets of Family members?

13) If the first Medici crest that is landed on by a player is on the Nobility track, no additional cost is incurred for the Nobility tile. However in this case is the “Additional Cost” tile still moved to the top of the Nobility stack?
Thanks.
Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct.

2. Correct.

3. Yes.

4. No.

5. Yes.

6. A "set" is just a collection of individual, distinct objects. To get more to the heart of your question, three "sets" of two family members, for example, would require no fewer than six family members.

7. "Supply" means not on the gameboard.

8. No. It means "family members in towns (i.e., not on tracks), irrespective of whether they are standing or lying."

9. Correct. Note, however, that the bonus is for taking the action, not per follower you receive from the action.

10. Yes, just the three province tracks.

11. No.

12. You do count the middle one twice when finding "adjacent pairs," but you would not count it twice for each "set" on the region tracks.

13. Yes. Note the order listed in the rulebook: place the family member, then pay money if the additional cost token is on the pile, then carry out the Medici action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:
1. Correct.

2. Correct.

3. Yes.

4. No.

5. Yes.

6. A "set" is just a collection of individual, distinct objects. To get more to the heart of your question, three "sets" of two family members, for example, would require no fewer than six family members.

7. "Supply" means not on the gameboard.

8. No. It means "family members in towns (i.e., not on tracks), irrespective of whether they are standing or lying."

9. Correct. Note, however, that the bonus is for taking the action, not per follower you receive from the action.

10. Yes, just the three province tracks.

11. No.

12. You do count the middle one twice when finding "adjacent pairs," but you would not count it twice for each "set" on the region tracks.

13. Yes. Note the order listed in the rulebook: place the family member, then pay money if the additional cost token is on the pile, then carry out the Medici action.

I agree with Ben on all counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ben!

Absolutely correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.