Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend Sofia got Zug um Zug: Deutschland for Christmas and had already played it a few times when we played it again yesterday. I found then (when I, as usual, placed my trains in a 5 x 9 pattern next to the board), that there were no less then six extra train cars of the yellow colour. Only three of them, however, were originally in the little plastic bag with spare parts, leading to Sofia sighing:
– Now I understand why Anna won the other day, when she played yellow...

Anyone else having had this experience? That there are different number of train cars in the different colours? Of course we are only thankful, but there seems to be no logical reason for Days of Wonder's German factory to include more parts than they "should" do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Wong
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
I think my copy has more than 45 trains for *each* color, and their number are the *same*.

I think the publisher includes some extra just in case the owner lost or break some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jacktong wrote:
I think my copy has more than 45 trains for *each* color, and their number are the *same*.

I think the publisher includes some extra just in case the owner lost or break some.

I completely agree. In earlier TtR copies, there have been exactly 5 x 48 or 3 x 45, so now we were surprised to see this odd distribution.

This, however, must be the most unimportant thread in any BGG forum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Every TTR I game I own, and I own them all although this one is in transit, has included a variable amount of excess train tokens in the past.

Count before every play is my advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.