4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Marvel Stratego: How much to sell for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Wagerman
msg tools
Hello, fellow geeks -

I am one of the rare few who own a copy of Marvel Stratego. I ordered it from the UK almost a decade ago now. I've seen people searching for it desperately - apparently it's near impossible to find. It's not listed on e-bay and a google search for it under "shopping" likewise comes up empty. I might have one of the last copies on Earth.

I'm a big Stratego fan, but this wasn't, IMO, a good mod of it. I'm more than happy to sell it and buy myself a more exciting game. But I don't know how much to sell it for, since there are no other ones on the market I can find. The last time I looked, it was going for something like $250.00, but I don't know if someone actually bought it at that price or if the seller eventually sold it for less (I didn't follow the whole thing). Any thoughts on selling a rare game for a fair but optimal price?

Thanks!

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen copies sell for under $100.00 but they come up very rarely.

There is a used copy for sale on Amazon for $250.00 (a high price but only because he is the only one selling any condition).

With that said if you are wanting a premium price for it, I would sell it on Amazon. If you want the cash fast then I would go for ebay with an auction format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that's a tough one - I think it's really just hit or miss and what the market will bear.

Board games and Role-playing Games can be annoying like that at times...you may know that it's super rare, for example, but if no one is really that eager to play it, it's unlikely that you'll net a small fortune for it, either.

I'm someone who likes to move gaming product that I'm no longer using or that none of my friends wants to play (it's both illogical and rather foolish to sit on a huge pile of games that just don't ever get played unless you're legitimately some sort of collector - just my opinion but games were obviously meant to be played.)

In recent years (aside from having very little extra funds for game purchases, anyway), I've been much more wary about what I trade for or purchase. I'm no longer buying much in the way of RPGs because they suck to re-sell (you won't come close to recouping your investment) and same with board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Last one to sell on US ebay I could see was for a sealed copy that went for $43 back in October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.