doug draa
Germany
nürnberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey all.

LOS rules do not mention units occupying hexes. I know that 2 wrecks can block LOS. Do units in a hex block LOS and can I fire through an occupied hex? I can't seem to find this anywhere in the rules.I realize that the LOS rules make NO mention of units blocking LOS.

Another question. If 2 enemy units are stacked in hex do I attack the hex or can I single out just one unit in the hex. I went back and forth through the rules and I couldn't find anything that satisfied this question for me. I can understand that Artillery would attack an entire Hex,but targeted fire from Infantry or Armor?

Take care and happy New Year!

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Units DO NOT affect LOS. You can always fire through an occupied hex (assuming no blocking terrain/wrecks), but you cannot fire into a hex occupied by friendly units.

With the exceptions of artillery/mortars and airstrikes (I think?), you always fire at a specific unit. You always Close Assault all enemy units in a hex with all friendly units in the hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug draa
Germany
nürnberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks Mark!

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug draa
Germany
nürnberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's my next question. Am I correct then to assume then that the terrain defence modifier dice are per unit in the hex?

The "HQ" combat/defense modifier is the number of dice added or the number of points taken off my to hit/to save roll?

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.