Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second year I have thumbed some entries on the big supporter drive giveaway geeklist, but the first that I have given away a few things.

Something odd I noticed is that a couple people removed their thumbs from my entries after I had announced winners, and I'm wondering why. Is this purely out of childish spite because they didn't win, or is there another reason I'm not seeing?

I'm very curious because I never thought of removing a thumb from a non-winning entry (and I haven't won one yet).

EDIT: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry about it.

Maybe they use it to keep track of what items they have checked already?

You will probably also will get some thumbs extra after the draw, some people (me too) will thumb every item in the list after the draw to show their appreciation of your offer although they didn't want if for themselfs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mousey wrote:
Don't worry about it.

Maybe they use it to keep track of what items they have checked already?

You will probably also will get some thumbs extra after the draw, some people (me too) will thumb every item in the list after the draw to show their appreciation of your offer although they didn't want if for themselfs.

I hear you, I plan on going through when all the draws are done and thumbing the several hundred entries I didn't thumb yet as well. I was just curious as to the motivation behind removing thumbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see giving after the drawing thumbs to entries you didn't want to enter but appreciate the offer of but not taking them away. Seems weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paradoxes wrote:

Something odd I noticed is that a couple people removed their thumbs from my entries after I had announced winners, and I'm wondering why. Is this purely out of childish spite because they didn't win, or is there another reason I'm not seeing?

I too was unaware you could even remove thumbs once given [not that I would want to]. I find it a rather rude or ill-mannered thing to do, in this case. It could be acceptable in a forum discussion [possibly].

If there was something I didn't want or postage/rules made me ineligible then I gave my thumb to another person or asked the poster to give it to a primary school or library should I win.

I am sorry this happened, but I doubt you wanted their thumbs as badly as they wanted them back!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joose wrote:
paradoxes wrote:

I too was unaware you could even remove thumbs once given [not that I would want to]. I find it a rather rude or ill-mannered thing to do, in this case. It could be acceptable in a forum discussion [possibly].

If there was something I didn't want or postage/rules made me ineligible then I gave my thumb to another person or asked the poster to give it to a primary school or library should I win.

I am sorry this happened, but I doubt you wanted their thumbs as badly as they wanted them back!!

I agree 100% with everything you said, Trace. No reason to be sorry, though - I'm actually a little distressed over how many thumbs I received from my giveaways. My thumbs given:received ratio was approaching 2:1 before I received over 2000 thumbs from the three items I put up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
mbmbmbmbmb
And to curse your ratio even further I just thumbed all your posts here! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
I thumbed then un-thumbed every post in this thread, just to be mean, then I re-thumbed them so nobody will know. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Simon
Philippines
flag msg tools
Make America Great Again
badge
Proud member of the Basket of Deplorables
mbmbmbmbmb
Billythehut wrote:
I thumbed then un-thumbed every post in this thread, just to be mean, then I re-thumbed them so nobody will know. ninja

I then thumbed and unthumbed your post multiple times until I lost count and then thumbed it again, because I never knew that you could unthumb before now, and just because i found the color changing thumb button oddly entertaining..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.