3 Posts

Citadels» Forums » General

Subject: Colour Blind Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Twigg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I played this game for the first time on Monday. One of our players is colour blind and found it difficult to distinguish between the colours on the building cards to make use of the character powers.

It would have been useful if the number of the character that gained an advantage from the colour (e.g. Warlord/Red) was placed on the card or (if that is not possible due to the other character cards ... we only played with the basic set) then an icon/shape on the building card and the character card would have been useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
The names of buildings are indicative of who gains anything from them:
The King gets money for administrative buildings.
The Bishop gets money for religious buildings.
The Trader gets money for commercial buildings.
The Warlord gets money for military buildings.
Nobody gets money for buildings that have their own abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MPTGEEK wrote:
I played this game for the first time on Monday. One of our players is colour blind and found it difficult to distinguish between the colours on the building cards to make use of the character powers.

It would have been useful if the number of the character that gained an advantage from the colour (e.g. Warlord/Red) was placed on the card or (if that is not possible due to the other character cards ... we only played with the basic set) then an icon/shape on the building card and the character card would have been useful.
AFAIK, it should be obvious enough to figure out the color of a district based on the context. However, I'm biased since I've played enough that I already memorized the colors anyways. Alternatively...

1) print this out and give it to him as a reference
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34817/citadels-distric...

2) use a sharpie to mark the front of the cards. I've seen copy of Race For The Galaxy and Taj Mahal that did this, and it did help out alot....
R for red
Y for yellow
G for green
B for blue
P for purple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.